Sox versus Twins 12:10 pm Afternoon Delight

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Jun 16, 2011 -> 01:56 PM)
in no world is AJ a number 5 hitter I do not care how big of a slump dunn is in. he has 19 RBI for christ sake

gradenhire has no fear of Sox hitters btw

He never has.

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Jun 16, 2011 -> 01:56 PM)
in no world is AJ a number 5 hitter I do not care how big of a slump dunn is in. he has 19 RBI for christ sake

gradenhire has no fear of Sox hitters btw

Because he's seen the same situation play out 500 times already.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jun 16, 2011 -> 01:51 PM)
And I'm sure you were all over them saying that back in July of 2009 too.

That was nearly two years ago. When I see Andrew McCutchen, Mike Stanton, Buster Posey (before he got hurt), Logan Morrison, Gaby Sanchez and Eric Hosmer making their marks on this game, and Gordon Beckham doing his best '92 Steve Sax impersonation for a year and a half, yes, it was a bust of a pick.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 16, 2011 -> 12:55 PM)
Why the hell would you pinch run for Konerko with Mark f***ing Teahen Ozzie?

He is just dumber than f***ing rocks.

Ozzie, you are dumber than f***ing rocks.

My balls have more baseball intelligence than you.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 16, 2011 -> 01:58 PM)
That was nearly two years ago. When I see Andrew McCutchen, Mike Stanton, Buster Posey (before he got hurt), Logan Morrison, Gaby Sanchez and Eric Hosmer making their marks on this game, and Gordon Beckham doing his best '92 Steve Sax impersonation for a year and a half, yes, it was a bust of a pick.

Sox scouting department sucks completetly in ALL aspects.

QUOTE (southsidepride15 @ Jun 16, 2011 -> 01:59 PM)
I too am finally tired of it. Can his a#$ and hire some 7 ft unknown a-hole to physically abuse players when they don't perform.

Mr Loyalty JR sees no problem OG will stay as will KW and JR will wonder why crowds at the Cell are so small.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 16, 2011 -> 01:58 PM)
He is just dumber than f***ing rocks.

Ozzie, you are dumber than f***ing rocks.

My balls have more baseball intelligence than you.

I guess he didn't want to waste 2 players making one move. Teahen would have had to come in anyway to play defense for Paulie.

This way, he still has Lillibridge available to run for Dunn. That's the theory.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 16, 2011 -> 02:58 PM)

Man...really? This is the stance you are gonna take? Of all the holes in this team, it is the "Gordon Beckham was an awful draft pick" stance?

Going into that draft, there is no way, NO WAY you were saying that. Hell, I venture to guess that 80-85% of the pundits thought that was a great pick.

It is easy to second guess now, when you get to see stats 2 years later, and say "SEE!! I knew we made a mistake!!!11"

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 16, 2011 -> 02:58 PM)

That is just beyond ridiculous that you are attempting to make this argument right now. Even for you.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jun 16, 2011 -> 12:57 PM)
I think i've finally jumped on board with firing Ozzie.

The question that needs to be asked, IMO, is how many managers or coaches in any sport would catch so little heat or even survive being so consistently futile and impotent against a team's primary rival, for so long, as we've been against the Twins, regardless of who they pitch or hit?

His attempts to motivate this team have completely backfired.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jun 16, 2011 -> 03:02 PM)
Not a hold when you come in to a game with your team down

Haha you're right, I think Stoney or Hawk said "hold em' here" and I went with it. Hold stats are for tie games.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 16, 2011 -> 01:01 PM)
I guess he didn't want to waste 2 players making one move. Teahen would have had to come in anyway to play defense for Paulie.

This way, he still has Lillibridge available to run for Dunn. That's the theory.

How about you use your pinch runner for the MOST LIKELY SCENARIO in the situation? How many doubles does AJ have all year? 11. How many singles? 47. Which run is the most important? The 1st.