Casey Anthony Verdict

Kyyle23

QUOTE (SouthSideTeacher @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 07:34 AM)
I think a lot of the attention paid to this case has to do with the sheer AUDACITY of this chick. She lived off her parents, frequently wrote bad checks, and couldn't keep a job. She murdered her own daughter because she desperately longed for the 'freedom' to booze it up in the club night after night without having to return home to care for what she obviously considered to be her own ball & chain. While her parents searched for and eventually mourned the loss of the little girl, 'mom' tried to bully everyone around her into buying one of her 14 different versions of events pertaining to the baby's disappearance and death--- while her pals tagged her in facebook photos dancing on tables and showing off tattoos inspired by her 'beautiful life'. This entire series of events is disgusting. My guess is that a majority of people want to see her get what's coming to her and that's why they tune in.

Great post.

The audacity of the chick and the fact she is hot have definitely made it MORE of a story.

God bless that little girl.

I find it amazing lightning hit that tree where she was dumped shortly after the sentencing. Wow.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 01:48 AM)
Badger, the evidence at least got her on abusive behavior or whatever that second charge was. The mother did not know or care where her kid was for a month.

If I'm on the jury I heard enough to convict her.

There are some smart lawyers out there saying they were shocked at the verdict. I don't think it's a slam dunk that you guys are right and I am wrong.

Again, I'll give deference to the 12 people who sat there and listened to the testimony every day.

I haven't heard enough people say we need teenagers and other people not ready for real parenting to stop having babies. To me, it's one of the biggest problems in our country.

This is what happens when a narcissist like Casey Anthony doesn't like her human toy anymore. She just throws it away.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 08:12 AM)
I haven't heard enough people say we need teenagers and other people not ready for real parenting to stop having babies. To me, it's one of the biggest problems in our country.

This is what happens when a narcissist like Casey Anthony doesn't like her human toy anymore. She just throws it away.

I think the bolded is pretty obvious. But how do you fix that problem? Currently our solution is to throw our hands in the air and scream bloody murder when people want to teach abstinence in school (the horror!). We're more content just handing out paychecks for kids.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 09:06 AM)
I think the bolded is pretty obvious. But how do you fix that problem? Currently our solution is to throw our hands in the air and scream bloody murder when people want to teach abstinence in school (the horror!). We're more content just handing out paychecks for kids.

Because it has been proven to not work.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 09:50 AM)
At all? Or enough? I thought the percentage of teens having sex dropped a good amount during the early 00's?

I've always thought that it started going down when they quit trying to teach abstinence and instead starting handing out condoms and telling kids "We know you are going to try it, but at least be smart about it."

I wasn't really going for the abstinence angle when I said too many people who aren't ready to be parents are having kids....although abstinence is one option.

We just have too many young women (girls) having kids because they want somebody to love THEM unconditionally. Even if it means they can't care for them emotionally and/or financially.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jul 7, 2011 -> 05:27 PM)
fwiw it sounds like the jury was actually pretty sophisticated:

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/07/06/florid....html?hpt=hp_t2

I can't believe they at least didn't try to get a mis-trial with a hung jury that could've allowed the prosecution to go back and strengthen their case before they re-tried her.

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 10:00 AM)
I can't believe they at least didn't try to get a mis-trial with a hung jury that could've allowed the prosecution to go back and strengthen their case before they re-tried her.

They obviously were looking for the quickest way out of there.

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 10:00 AM)

You mean risk going to jail themselves?

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 09:58 AM)
I wasn't really going for the abstinence angle when I said too many people who aren't ready to be parents are having kids....although abstinence is one option.

We just have too many young women (girls) having kids because they want somebody to love THEM unconditionally. Even if it means they can't care for them emotionally and/or financially.

I don't know how many girls actually get pregnant because of that or because they are/were just stupid.

My wife and I can pinpoint almost to the day when we conceived our first child. It was right around our anniversary and we decided to try with no protection. Even though we had gone nearly 2 years without her getting pregnant. It only takes one time...

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 09:57 AM)
I've always thought that it started going down when they quit trying to teach abstinence and instead starting handing out condoms and telling kids "We know you are going to try it, but at least be smart about it."

Teenage pregnancy and teenagers having sex are two different things. My point wasn't to be all preachy about it, I just never understood why people were against teaching abstinence. As if that's some horrible advice.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 10:21 AM)
Intentionally hanging a jury because you think there might be more evidence for a later trial?

Well obviously you don't come out and say it right out loud. But a number of them are convinced that she's not innocent.

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 04:31 PM)
Well obviously you don't come out and say it right out loud. But a number of them are convinced that she's not innocent.

Their job is to judge whether the state proved that she was guilty of the charges, not that she was "innocent" of them. That's why they say "Not Guilty". They did their jobs correctly.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 03:22 PM)
Teenage pregnancy and teenagers having sex are two different things. My point wasn't to be all preachy about it, I just never understood why people were against teaching abstinence. As if that's some horrible advice.

I don't think anyone is against teaching abstinence. The problem is with abstinence-ONLY education, which leaves kids ignorant at best and purposely misinformed at worst.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 10:43 AM)
Their job is to judge whether the state proved that she was guilty of the charges, not that she was "innocent" of them. That's why they say "Not Guilty". They did their jobs correctly.

They did the job, but in my opinion, they could have just as easily found her guilty based on the abundance of circumstantial evidence.

In the end, the State overcharged. If they just went for charges that would have kept her in jail for 15-20+ years, it would have been done.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 7, 2011 -> 04:50 PM)
So what is the rule going to be, child missing 10 hours, child missing 24 houirs? What constitutes missing? If I tell my parents Im going over to Joe's house and Ill be staying there, when do they have to report me missing?

I believe the rule right now is that you cant file a missing persons report until atleast 24 hours have passed.

It just seems to be an overreaction. I personally think the last thing we need is more laws, we just need smarter govt.

If nothing else it should fall under child neglect.

I really haven't followed this case at all but did she ever have an explanation of why she didn't report the kid missing for a month?

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 10:22 AM)

Because its a joke and a waste of time, anyone in school that took the abstinence stuff seriously were people that weren't having sex anyways because of looks or religion.

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 07:12 PM)
If nothing else it should fall under child neglect.

I really haven't followed this case at all but did she ever have an explanation of why she didn't report the kid missing for a month?

Because she was trying to track down the "kidnapper" herself.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 09:50 AM)
At all? Or enough? I thought the percentage of teens having sex dropped a good amount during the early 00's?

Abstinence only is the problem. It's a dumb idea and empirical evidence bears this out. Teenagers are gonna screw--telling them over and over how ineffective condoms and other bc methods are is only going to increase the chances of them having unprotected sex.