7-20: Sox (47-50) vs. Royals (39-58); 7:10; CSN

TitoMB345

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 21, 2011 -> 04:03 AM)
He believes in the talent, and there's nobody available who is better than what they have. KW must be drunk.

Or he doesn't really care anymore because he feels like daddy favors the other brother more than him now?

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 20, 2011 -> 10:03 PM)
He believes in the talent, and there's nobody available who is better than what they have. KW must be drunk.

It's hilarious, because Betemit was available, but he's been here and couldn't hit. But he left and now he can hit.

Dunn hit before coming here, now he can't.

Swisher could hit before he came here, sucked here, went to NYY and can hit again.

Rios could hit in Toronto, came here and f***ing blows.

See a pattern? But yeah, it's not the coaching staff.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 20, 2011 -> 09:01 PM)
I was out to dinner and when I came home to watch the end of the game my neighbor was outside and told me he can't watch the Sox anymore. He's always yelling at the TV. Good thing he missed this one.

That's where I was at tonight. I refused to give them my full attention and only watched a couple innings/followed some online. I just can't handle inning after inning of frustration anymore.

QUOTE (Wanne @ Jul 20, 2011 -> 10:03 PM)
They might as well trade Danks...seems like the offense goes into complete crap down their pantleg mode every time he pitches. Blow the whole thing up for all I care. Pathetic.

He must pitch every game because our offense pisses down their pantleg quite a bit. We are scoring 3 runs or less what about 50% of the time.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 21, 2011 -> 04:04 AM)
It almost seems like both boys want to get fired. I do hope JR launches them both.

There's not many people who believe that either will still be in their position next year with the Sox. Instead, you get this lackidasical s*** you've seen this year and the team/fans have to suffer.

QUOTE (Wanne @ Jul 20, 2011 -> 10:03 PM)
They might as well trade Danks...seems like the offense goes into complete crap down their pantleg mode every time he pitches. Blow the whole thing up for all I care. Pathetic.

I'm very surprised that it hasn't come up in trade rumors. If a team wants to spend a big price, they'll get the rest of this year, and next year. If the Yankees want to give us a couple pitching prosepcts and a catcher, I'd part with Johnny.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 21, 2011 -> 04:06 AM)
I'm very surprised that it hasn't come up in trade rumors. If a team wants to spend a big price, they'll get the rest of this year, and next year. If the Yankees want to give us a couple pitching prosepcts and a catcher, I'd part with Johnny.

Give it a week, and he might be the best pitcher on the market besides J. Shields.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 20, 2011 -> 10:06 PM)
There's not many people who believe that either will still be in their position next year with the Sox. Instead, you get this lackidasical s*** you've seen this year and the team/fans have to suffer.

There's only one way JR bounces both of them, and that's if he replaces them with people already in the organization, which I don't want.

If there was any hope of JR looking for upgrades at Mgr. and GM, and if he were looking around, we would've heard rumors about it I think, like... specific names

QUOTE (Real @ Jul 21, 2011 -> 04:08 AM)
There's only one way JR bounces both of them, and that's if he replaces them with people already in the organization, which I don't want.

If there was any hope of JR looking for upgrades at Mgr. and GM, and if he were looking around, we would've heard rumors about it I think, like... specific names

Ozzie's going to the Marlins, and KW is going to take on the Paxson type role for the Sox. You don't see Hahn's name attached to any possible GM openings anymore (except for stupid Phil Rogers with the Cubs), and there's a reason why...he knows his time with Sox is coming soon.

[/quote

Upgrades cost money...JR ain't paying

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jul 20, 2011 -> 10:10 PM)
What a horrible team effort. Vizquel is just a horrendous baseball player. He made a lot of s*** plays today.

They just lost 2/3 vs a team that is about 20 games under. Wow.

Get Montero for Danks.

someone bringing up my trade idea from two weeks ago! woooo!

though I think NYY would do Danks Montero + Gardner

If Kenny could somehow include Teahen in there, yeah.....

Danks + Flowers for Montero + Gardner?

Quentin only Sox player to homer since the ASB. We need some power in this lineup. Phil Rogers finally suggested the one player I wish we had the players/payroll to add, and that's Aramis Ramirez. No doubt he'd accept a trade here, but you don't do that deal unless you bring him back for 2-3 more seasons.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 20, 2011 -> 10:09 PM)
Ozzie's going to the Marlins, and KW is going to take on the Paxson type role for the Sox. You don't see Hahn's name attached to any possible GM openings anymore (except for stupid Phil Rogers with the Cubs), and there's a reason why...he knows his time with Sox is coming soon.

Rosenthal had something the other day where some White Sox guys said that the bumping KW "upstairs" move, wouldn't work for either of Hahn or KW. If you are going to change GMs, keeping KW around in a position of some authority is a mistake. Let him go scout.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Real @ Jul 20, 2011 -> 10:12 PM)

YOUR idea from 2 weeks ago? I said they should be looking for Montero from NY for Danks as soon as things look grim, and boom, they just lost 2/3 to KC.

Edited by whitesoxbrian

QUOTE (Real @ Jul 20, 2011 -> 10:12 PM)

There aren't a lot of people who think Montero will be a catcher much longer.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 20, 2011 -> 10:16 PM)
There aren't a lot of people who think Montero will be a catcher much longer.

Wherever he plays, he's going to hit the s*** out of the ball in the big leagues.

FWIW, in my opinion, a lot of big time C prospects will be changing to RF, LF, 1B, or DH. Mauer has started to make the change, Posey might end up doing the same, and Bryce Harper is a RF now.

Edited by whitesoxbrian

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 20, 2011 -> 10:14 PM)
Quentin only Sox player to homer since the ASB. We need some power in this lineup. Phil Rogers finally suggested the one player I wish we had the players/payroll to add, and that's Aramis Ramirez. No doubt he'd accept a trade here, but you don't do that deal unless you bring him back for 2-3 more seasons.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 21, 2011 -> 03:14 AM)
Rosenthal had something the other day where some White Sox guys said that the bumping KW "upstairs" move, wouldn't work for either of Hahn or KW. If you are going to change GMs, keeping KW around in a position of some authority is a mistake. Let him go scout.

True, but you give Williams a place to 'hold over' until he finds another gig. And as long as there are stupid owners (See the New York Mets), there will be somebody out there will be dumb enough to hire Williams as a GM.