Jackson & Teahen to TOR for Frasor & Stewart (RHP)

macsandz

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 09:31 AM)
It's funny because if all of the sudden it turned out we were getting a nice young prospect back it would be pretty cool, but it's not even worth considering that that would happen

Brett Lawrie is the only name that would make me less than dissatisfied.

QUOTE (Anderson Cooper's Quivering @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 09:32 AM)
Rosenthal usually is pretty reliable and won't post or write about something unless he was able to substantiate it.

I would "assume" that the fix is in on this trade going down.

We should check Teahen's twitter. *shrug*

Its not just Rosenthal either its Morosi as well. Both Fox reporters.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 09:31 AM)
This.

PCL.

He was a stud in Cal. Usually I agree with the whole league thing, and he probably is a Ross Gload 2.0 (don't know if he'll even be that), but his swing is very sexy. Then again.. he reminds me of Casey Kotchman in alot of ways.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 09:32 AM)
Brett Lawrie is the only name that would make me less than dissatisfied.

Ha.. no chance.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 09:34 AM)
He was a stud in Cal. Usually I agree with the whole league thing, and he probably is a Ross Gload 2.0 (don't know if he'll even be that), but his swing is very sexy. Then again.. he reminds me of Casey Kotchman in alot of ways.

Ha.. no chance.

He's probably a AAAA guy at best. I await the scouting assessments upon the trade's completion. I also await Kenny justifying this one.

We can trade a starter without really hurting the big league team.

Trading Teahen is not a big deal either.

Trading another player off the big league team without getting a big leaguer in return will suggest firesale, which is ballsy when it is this close.

Some people on here owe the thread started an apology assuming that close becomes deal.

I'm not a fan of this trade at all, but considering who is making it....I'm not surprised. And I'm sure the reasoning behind it will be dumping salary while still trying to win now. That logic goes out the window if Danks and/or Floyd are also traded though.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 09:37 AM)
OK, taking bets... which is KW doing here? White flagging, or wheeling part of another deal to be all-in?

Either way, more trades be comin'.

Danks and Floyd both on the table, this is as much of a firesale as we're gonna see, if Danks is dealt i'd imagine it would be to somebody like Boston or NYY, somebody who can absorb Rios' contract

We better be getting some pitching prospects that are MLB ready or very soon if we are thinking of trading Danks or Floyd. Buehrle is free agent, Peavy is a major injury waiting to happen, and possibly changing Sale back to a starter might be a mistake and lead to an injury. Look what has happened to Feliz this year since messing him up. Also, if you do change Sale to a starter at most he can pitch 130-140 innings next year.

Edited by PolishPrince34

This is one trade in which I will hate Kenny for off the bat and disagree with right away. I think it's an awful move considering starting pitching is a premium and the big spenders want it. Simply godawful trade. I guess they weren't lying when they wanted to cut payroll which I really can't blame them.

BTW, thread starter hit it on the head. Kudos.