Jackson & Teahen to TOR for Frasor & Stewart (RHP)

macsandz

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (PolishPrince34 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 09:41 AM)
We better be getting some pitching prospects that are MLB ready or very soon if we are thinking of trading Danks or Floyd. Buehrle is free agent, Peavy is a major injury waiting to happen, and possibly changing Sale back to a starter might be a mistake and lead to an injury. Look what has happened to Feliz this year since messing him up. Also, if you do change Sale to a starter at most he can pitch 130-140 innings next year.

Agreed. I was listening to The Score this morning and they brought up a good point. Peavy says all the right things and such, but he's like Rich Harden. He's very delicate and he has to take 2 weeks to gear up for a start, or else, don't expect much. Both have outstanding stuff when they're on, but right now, are both huge injury concerns.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 09:42 AM)
Fathom looks like your 10:43 a.m. time guess will be pretty close. If we don't get a legit prospect or two, I am seriously boycotting White Sox baseball.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 09:43 AM)
This is one trade in which I will hate Kenny for off the bat and disagree with right away. I think it's an awful move considering starting pitching is a premium and the big spenders want it. Simply godawful trade. I guess they weren't lying when they wanted to cut payroll which I really can't blame them.

BTW, thread starter hit it on the head. Kudos.

I think I will wait until we know the actual trade details for sure, like who the minor leaguer(s) is/are, before jumping off a cliff. Also, let's see what else KW is doing here.

But if the trade is in a vacuum, and the prospect is worth nothing... then yeah, that's garbage.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 09:43 AM)
This is one trade in which I will hate Kenny for off the bat and disagree with right away. I think it's an awful move considering starting pitching is a premium and the big spenders want it. Simply godawful trade.

I can't really blame KW. When your boss says "cut payroll", you do it. It's unfortunate JR was more worried about pulling a huge profit this year than landing a stud player.

Frasor is Type B Free agent, but he has an option so that goes out the door because you have to offer him a contract to get compensation. We would of recieved a pick in 30's-40's in next years draft that would be better than Frasor/Cooper. Hopefully Kenny is going to use this money to go over the slot with our draft picks and signing some international players.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 09:44 AM)
I think I will wait until we know the actual trade details for sure, like who the minor leaguer(s) is/are, before jumping off a cliff. Also, let's see what else KW is doing here.

But if the trade is in a vacuum, and the prospect is worth nothing... then yeah, that's garbage.

If the last five years are any indication, I will be choosing between the Golden Gate and the Bay Bridge.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 08:44 AM)

"And on the other hand, maybe this is the most opportune time to turn over the entire roster and get some young, exciting players in here and go that route."

With all of that said, I don't see how he can make this deal without this so-called "prospect" being at least somewhat "exciting", but we shall see!

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 09:48 AM)
This could maybe indicate there is a 3-way deal, or a conditional 2 trades, in the works.

He just reported on his twitter that the Jackson Blue Jays trade is in the works. Seems he is still trying to get up to speed here.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 08:47 AM)
I won't survive or accept another "White Flag" firesale. Not when we're 4.5 out and its July 27th. Not when we're supposed to be "All In." It took me years to get over the first one.

I can accept the general concept of White Flag II. We went all in, but have been below .500 almost all season and aren't drawing many fans. My issue is if we go White Flag II and make bad trades.

I don't think this is White Flag stuff. It's not like it's Jackson and Teahen for prospects alone. Frasor is a good pitcher with a decent option for next year. If there is no money going to the Jays for Teahen, it'll be a better deal but still not great. I would think that this is step one of a series of deals, but many of us thought that about the Hudson for Jackson deal.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 09:46 AM)
This just isn't a bad deal. Get rid of enigmatic EJax for a good righty reliever who is cheap for two years. Dump what is left of Teahen's contract and get a shot in the dark with a B prospect.

The enigmatic E-Jax is arguably the best starting pitcher on the market. If all you get is a B-prospect and a decent reliever (a soon-to-be 34-year-old one at that), then that is a major fail. I would rather have pressed on with E-Jax trying to win the division. It will all come down to the prospects we are getting back, but I will assume they will nothing like when KW traded Ray Durham for f***ing Jon Adkins.

Only KW really knows what other offers are/were available for Jackson, but this doesn't seem like a bad deal, especially if we don't have to send over much $$$ for Teahen's contract. There's also some value in a 2:1 trade here, clears some room for someone to be called up to replace Teahen.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 09:48 AM)
This could maybe indicate there is a 3-way deal, or a conditional 2 trades, in the works.

Yeah, maybe we can get Daniel Hudson out of it. I hear that Edwin Jackson is worth him and another prospect.