7/30- Red Sox vs White Sox

flavum

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 08:57 PM)
But they suddenly have the most fragile pitching staff in the AL Central between them, Tigers and Indians. When KW made the Jackson trade, I'm convinced he wanted to throw in the towel. However, in true KW fashion, he switched courses just because a few games.

That's my feeling as well. It will be swell when Kenny stands pat and the team proceeds to fall out of the race soon thereafter.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 08:57 PM)
But they suddenly have the most fragile pitching staff in the AL Central between them, Tigers and Indians. When KW made the Jackson trade, I'm convinced he wanted to throw in the towel. However, in true KW fashion, he switched courses just because a few games.

Fister and Jimenez don't scare me and I'm usually pessimistic.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 08:58 PM)
3 out of what leading a s*** division and a quick 1st round exit ...........whoopie doopie so what!

Danks, Buerhle and either Floyd, Peavy or Humber with a pretty good bullpen. I think the Sox have a decent chance if they make the playoffs. They are 4-1 vs. Boston.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 09:01 PM)
Danks, Buerhle and either Floyd, Peavy or Humber with a pretty good bullpen. I think the Sox have a decent chance if they make the playoffs. They are 4-1 vs. Boston.

This team has to win Sunday to be .500 on August 1st HORRID............put the kool-aid down.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 09:00 PM)
Does a lineup with Rios, Pierre, Dunn, Beckham, and Morel/Vizquel scare you?

No, but with those guys hitting about as bad if not worse than you could possibly think, they are still right there. Dump all the good players for mediocre minor leaguers and if you think this team is bad, you have not seen anything yet.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 07:47 PM)
If the Sox are going to go young, Rios can only poison young players. You have to get rid of him even if it means setting the record for most money ever eaten.

Oh they can poison veterans too.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 10:03 PM)
No, but with those guys hitting about as bad if not worse than you could possibly think, they are still right there. Dump all the good players for mediocre minor leaguers and if you think this team is bad, you have not seen anything yet.

I'd rather watch the minor leaguers.

There, I said it.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 31, 2011 -> 03:03 AM)

But that's the thing..an average minor leaguer could probably put up the same numbers that Morel, Rios and Dunn have this season. And with Rios, it's not just that his numbers are bad, it's that he can't do a single freaking thing to help us in clutch situations.

I wonder what you were thinking when the Sox 15 game lead went down to 1.5 in 2005.

No one, and I mean no one, captured it better than Ed Farmer, with the phrase "Step off the ledge!"

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 09:03 PM)
I wonder what you were thinking when the Sox 15 game lead went down to 1.5 in 2005.

I do not losers and cowards live in the past my friend.........Coach Ditka told me that.

Please don't compare teams, again lay off the kool aid