Bourn to Braves

Mattchoo

QUOTE (Cerbaho-WG @ Jul 31, 2011 -> 10:06 AM)
Seems like a meh haul for the astros. Man, they are going to be some kind of awful for the next fifty games...

yeah. And if that's the type of package that was offered for Quentin, I'm glad KW didn't make the trade.

It won't be a disappointment to me if Quentin stays. I've always liked him, since the first time I saw him play in a Diamondbacks uniform vs. the Sox during Spring Training.

The team could still become pretty good offensively with just a few in house changes.

I'd love to see what the lineup would look like if de Aza led off and took over for Rios in CF. That would open a spot for Viciedo to replace Pierre in LF.

That would only leave one hole in the lineup with Dunn at DH. I could be more optimistic about hoping for him to get back on track than I could ever be waiting for Pierre, Rios and Dunn to all get going.

What is wrong with this lineup?

CF de Aza

SS Ramirez

RF Quentin

1B Konerko

DH Dunn

Lf Viciedo

C A. J.

2B Beckham

3B Morel

When Vizquel plays vs some RH pitching, he bats in the 2 hole, and Ramirez moves down in the order

Someone should DH for Dunn vs lefties.

The point is that those changes could be better than any trades, and in this way the Sox wouldn't have to give up anyone except the guys we don't want, namely Pierre and Rios.

Look, if you're not going to be able to unload Rios, just bench him and play someone who might perform. Who cares how much he's making? It doesn't add any significant payroll to play de Aza and Viciedo.

It's a better line-up any time you remove Rios...BUT

1) Ozzie will never, in a million years, remove Pierre from the line-up now

2) He will always perceive DeAza as a platoon player

3) Morel still is killing this line-up offensively every time he plays

4) Viciedo's still perhaps a week away from being able to help us after the injury