Dayan Viciedo Watch

hi8is

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 10, 2011 -> 01:36 AM)
I forgot about longing for Tank cause it's obvious Sox won't let him play in the bigs this year. He'll be a September call up and rarely play.

Next year is a different story. They'll let Pierre go without resigning him and it'll be Tank time.

Obviously the plan was to keep him in the minors all year.

I disagree with it but I got over it cause they wouldn't bring him up.

It'll be interesting to see who they sign to leadoff in 2012, Pierre most likely won't be back

Leadoff will come from:

OF- CQ, Viciedo or Rios traded

3B- Morel experiment ends

2B- Beckham traded

My guess, one of either CQ or Beckham is dealt in the offseason

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 10, 2011 -> 04:24 AM)
Trading Beckham at his lowest possible value just doesn't make any sense.

Rios could be the leadoff hitter. Or Lillibridge/DeAza. Ramirez would be the 3rd best option.

Go with Door #2.

None of those 'Doors' are an adequate option, A leadoff hitter is supposed to be able to get on base

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 10, 2011 -> 09:24 AM)
Trading Beckham at his lowest possible value just doesn't make any sense.

Rios could be the leadoff hitter. Or Lillibridge/DeAza. Ramirez would be the 3rd best option.

Go with Door #2.

Rios would be a disaster at leadoff as he has been everywhere else.

Lilly is a sub. He is not a starter.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 01:17 AM)
Okay guys, who do you want to trade or "dump" to clear enough salary to sign a leadoff hitter?

Someone will have to go. Danks? Not sign Buehrle? Quentin? Floyd? Thornton?

They will probably get rid of Quentin and find a speedy OF to be the leadoff guy in place of Pierre.

Don't see the infield changing with Paulie, Becks, Alexei, and Morel.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 02:17 AM)
Okay guys, who do you want to trade or "dump" to clear enough salary to sign a leadoff hitter?

of those guys, easily thornton

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 03:17 AM)

What position does this hypothetical leadoff hitter play?

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 10:50 AM)
I really think they need to DL Dunn and bring up Viciedo and then Dunn can watch from the bench in Sepetemeber and stay home for the playoffs. That was a big game last night and he continues to simply be an embarassment of epic proportion.

He is f***ing Julio Ramirez without the defense.

Dunn isn't hurt. That would make DLing him difficult. I've gotten the impression from the Tribune that there would be an objection to DLing Dunn for a random excuse.

Viciedo also appears to still be struggling with his hand. Etiher that or he's in a horrid, hand related slump.

Dunn's issues with at bats is really getting beyond terrible. I certainly understand the calls to DL him, but we need a valid reason to do that. Plus I don't see Viciedo doing much right now and maybe he is the one that should still be on the DL? Whatever, the non existent Dunn has cost us more than afew games. It is just deplorable. Watching BBTN a couple days ago and the comment was made thatthey didn't know if he could fix his issues. Some debate but seemed top be the consensus that he was too far gone this season.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 11:18 AM)
Leadoff hitter has to come from LF, it seems.

If it's not Lilly/DeAza/Milledge next year...what players are out there on the FA market?

Guessing there's not much out there of interest.

Moral of Story: Turn your 5 year old into a speedy/slappy leadoff hitter, catcher or LH pitcher

Here's your current list.

Scrolling through the OF options, the only name that popped out to me was Coco Crisp.

Milledge is the best bat left in the minors with Viciedo clearly not healthy or just mentally exhausted with not getting recalled and then getting hurt again.

Kuhn's just too green.

Hard to imagine they could be worse off with Lastings as the DH. There would be even less LH hitters, but who the hell cares at this point about balancing the line-up?

It would be nice if we could find a Kipnis in the 2nd round once in a while. 1.000+ OPS can't possibly last, but Jesus, it seems we're being taunted this year by Hudson, Gio, all the Chicago kids like Granderson and Kipnis....can anything besides Santos/Sale and Humber go right this season?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 09:23 AM)
Here's your current list.

Scrolling through the OF options, the only name that popped out to me was Coco Crisp.

The only other option is Lillibridge moving to 3B and hitting leadoff, with Quentin and Viciedo at the corners.

Or trading Beckham and replacing him with a leadoff hitter at 2B.

And yes, I know how you feel about Morel. But that's the only other option I can think of off the top of my head.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 09:53 AM)
Dunn isn't hurt. That would make DLing him difficult. I've gotten the impression from the Tribune that there would be an objection to DLing Dunn for a random excuse.

Viciedo also appears to still be struggling with his hand. Etiher that or he's in a horrid, hand related slump.

I am sure healthy players have been put on the DL in the past especially 15 days before rosters expand. He fell over his gym bag and twisted his knee.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 11:44 AM)
I am sure healthy players have been put on the DL in the past especially 15 days before rosters expand. He fell over his gym bag and twisted his knee.

I don't think the White Sox are going to be the first team in recent memory to get called out for lying to get a guy onto the Dl.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 10:25 AM)
Milledge is the best bat left in the minors with Viciedo clearly not healthy or just mentally exhausted with not getting recalled and then getting hurt again.

Kuhn's just too green.

Hard to imagine they could be worse off with Lastings as the DH. There would be even less LH hitters, but who the hell cares at this point about balancing the line-up?

It would be nice if we could find a Kipnis in the 2nd round once in a while. 1.000+ OPS can't possibly last, but Jesus, it seems we're being taunted this year by Hudson, Gio, all the Chicago kids like Granderson and Kipnis....can anything besides Santos/Sale and Humber go right this season?

Kipnis, Ackley, Lawrie, Jennings, etc. Young position talent sprouting up everywhere. We don't do that.