A response....

Lauren.Teahen

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 3, 2011 -> 02:01 PM)
I'm missing something here.

Somebody blasted me for telling Mrs. Teahen she looked good instead of the way Oney described her.

Then somebody said looks had nothing to do with it even though most of her post was about looks.

She thanked me for the compliment in one of her ensuing posts.

What am I missing here? Where did I become evil again?

Kill this post if it takes the thread in a weird direction but what is goin on ?

Dude! It's all good and I was not blasting you.

I was just chuckling at the many responses complimenting the wife of a major league player on her physical appearance. I understand the circumstances here and why it makes all the gushing more understandable. You just happened to do it pretty emphatically and then reiterate it shortly thereafter with even more gusto in a subsequent post.

It was kind of cute in the way my son walks around with a wonder woman action figure and says "her's a nice lady". The big difference is you are a grown man (I think) and my boy is three.

Edited by Pants Rowland

1. I don't know anything about this twitter situation or what's going on. But, I did see a photo of Mrs. Teahen. i wish all women looked like that.

2. I have no problem with Ozzie's managing ability. But, I truly hope that he is fired after this season just so that I never have to hear from or about his sons again.

So much material to work with here. If I had admin rights, I'd zap this immediately to spare the rest of the world your thoughts on manhood, ball playing, and making sure your wife is seen and not heard.

I had commented on a certain post, but on second thought, I don't want to lend it any credence. So, on second thought...Ya'll heard about that newfangled internet invention thing?

Fine, I deleted it, but I meant every word.

I can't wait for the day Ozzie and his BS (including kids) are gone, but a wife of an ex-sucky player writing in????

He DID suck. He was absolutly terrible.

And wifey writes in to a fan forum to stand up for him...

Good riddance to both - hopefully Ozzie and kids follow soon too.

QUOTE (Andrew @ Aug 4, 2011 -> 12:48 AM)

I can't wait for the day Ozzie and his BS (including kids) are gone, but a wife of an ex-sucky player writing in????

And he's still a human being.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Aug 4, 2011 -> 06:08 AM)
And he's still a human being.

Exactly.

And I love the one guy criticizing Mrs. Teahen for posting. He should be honored she'd post here and try to clear up a misconception.

People are so weird sometimes.

It's a compliment to this site she came on here giving her take and that one guy rips her for it.

QUOTE (Andrew @ Aug 3, 2011 -> 11:48 PM)

Thank you Bill Ligue Jr. And you should be embarrassed posting this in this particular thread. Maybe it's this staff...nice fan.

We had a very vague comment from Mark Teahen that turned into an umpteen page thread about Oney's subsequent twitter-tirades. Now, we have a stickied response from a player's wife regarding derogatory comments made by Oney. I believe that positive things came out of that thread, and I think Lauren Teahen has shown herself to be a strong, dynamic woman who won't take any s*** (good for you). However, there's a larger lesson in this.

Can the focus on Oney Guillen please end?

When we talk about Oney Guillen, he is the only one who wins. He is obviously not in this thing for anything but attention. He has added nothing of anything value to this organization from a baseball standpoint. He is a truly pathetic excuse for an adult. However, we are fanning the flames.

If we all truly believe that this organization needs to get back to having two eyes on the baseball field, let's have the fans here at soxtalk lead by example. We are renowned as some of the most knowledgeable and passionate fans in baseball. Let's add to that reputation, rather than the reputation a lot of other organizations have.

Oney is a coward-his spine is his keyboard. This is not an isolated incident, its a trend of cowardly things he does when his targets are out of range. I laud Mrs. Teahen for her response to this and for calling out this ZERO and for putting a face on his target and classless "attacks"

QUOTE (Greg Hibbard @ Aug 4, 2011 -> 07:51 AM)
We had a very vague comment from Mark Teahen that turned into an umpteen page thread about Oney's subsequent twitter-tirades. Now, we have a stickied response from a player's wife regarding derogatory comments made by Oney. I believe that positive things came out of that thread, and I think Lauren Teahen has shown herself to be a strong, dynamic woman who won't take any s*** (good for you). However, there's a larger lesson in this.

Can the focus on Oney Guillen please end?

When we talk about Oney Guillen, he is the only one who wins. He is obviously not in this thing for anything but attention. He has added nothing of anything value to this organization from a baseball standpoint. He is a truly pathetic excuse for an adult. However, we are fanning the flames.

If we all truly believe that this organization needs to get back to having two eyes on the baseball field, let's have the fans here at soxtalk lead by example. We are renowned as some of the most knowledgeable and passionate fans in baseball. Let's add to that reputation, rather than the reputation a lot of other organizations have.

Many fans believe that Oney represents all that is wrong with Ozzie, and therefore making a big deal out of this translates to trouble for Ozzie and hoping that he gets canned for some link to this.

But Ozzie has withstood bad seasons, insults to the gay community, countless tirades, etc. He isn't going anywhere because of this.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 4, 2011 -> 01:48 AM)
Exactly.

And I love the one guy criticizing Mrs. Teahen for posting. He should be honored she'd post here and try to clear up a misconception.

People are so weird sometimes.

It's a compliment to this site she came on here giving her take and that one guy rips her for it.

Be honored? Really? Your posts are becoming borderline creepy in this thread

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Aug 4, 2011 -> 11:28 PM)
Be honored? Really? Your posts are becoming borderline creepy in this thread

If they are borderline creepy then I'm not expressing myself correctly. I have a wife and kids thank you and am not trying to hit on Mrs. Teahen.

I guess people aren't used to somebody trying to be nice on the Internet.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 4, 2011 -> 05:33 PM)
If they are borderline creepy then I'm not expressing myself correctly. I have a wife and kids thank you and am not trying to hit on Mrs. Teahen.

I guess people aren't used to somebody trying to be nice on the Internet.

Continuing to comment on her looks and telling us we should be honored to have her post on our forum doesnt come across as trying to just be nice. As people have stated, her looks are irrelevant in this circumstance. I dont think she posted here for reassurance from a bunch of strangers about her appearance.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Aug 4, 2011 -> 11:38 PM)
Continuing to comment on her looks and telling us we should be honored to have her post on our forum doesnt come across as trying to just be nice. As people have stated, her looks are irrelevant in this circumstance. I dont think she posted here for reassurance from a bunch of strangers about her appearance.

What posts of mine are you reading? I haven't commented on her appearance since my second post.

If you want to discuss this you should PM me so people don't have to read this s***. I am a good, law abiding citizen, husband, dad, volunteer and former athlete and not some neighborhood creep, thank you.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 4, 2011 -> 05:40 PM)
What posts of mine are you reading? I haven't commented on her appearance since my second post.

If you want to discuss this you should PM me so people don't have to read this s***. I am a good, law abiding citizen, husband, dad, volunteer and former athlete and not some neighborhood creep, thank you.

huh? I wasnt trying to attack you personally. I was just pointing out that I dont think your posts are coming across as you are intending.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Aug 4, 2011 -> 10:43 PM)
huh? I wasnt trying to attack you personally. I was just pointing out that I dont think your posts are coming across as you are intending.

OK thanks. I won't post any more about it

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Aug 5, 2011 -> 01:22 PM)
I wonder how happy professional athletes are when they manage to get out of Chicago?

I can't imagine why a good to great one would ever want to leave. At the same time, I would also think a criticized athlete can't get out fast enough.