"If You Want Me Back"

Quin

KW is a buffoon, but wasn't Ozzie crying about having that extension picked up? Now he's making demands? Here's a guy who can't even control his 25 year old punk son on Twitter.

Ozzie is under contract so the only way he can go to Miami is if the Sox fire him. If they don't they can have compensation. I'm also quite sure KW is not too popular with the shareholders considering the little bang for their buck he's brought them the last couple of years.

They both need to go. The sooner the better. I really think if Ozzie and KW were sent packing tonight, this team would go on a roll.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to see Dick Allen (the poster or the real one) installed as the hitting coach for the next 2 months just to see if things could possibly get any worse.

We'll find out by the end of the weekend if we've actually reached rock bottom yet. 2007 was bad, but this is now much more depressing.

Edited by caulfield12

How the f*** do you go to your owner and say "If you want me back, you need to do this, this, and this" when your team is 4 games under .500 in August with the largest payroll in team history? Arrogance be damned.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Aug 3, 2011 -> 05:47 PM)
Great. Only I just can't overlook the little fact that Hollywood has assembled an expensive mediocre team.

Expensive team that Ozzie is managing poorly and could be better and easily in first place with a top of the line pitching staff and the top bullpen, but a lineup of underachievers that Ozzie puts in position to fail.

Also, Ozzie is way more "Hollywood" than Kenny.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 3, 2011 -> 08:36 PM)
How the f*** do you go to your owner and say "If you want me back, you need to do this, this, and this" when your team is 4 games under .500 in August with the largest payroll in team history? Arrogance be damned.

"if you don't, look at the kind of crap I'll do. I'll pitch to Cano with an open base and 2 runners in scorin position. I'll bunt in the first inning down 4 runs and play for 1 run. I'll play Rios everywhere, everyday!"

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 3, 2011 -> 05:13 PM)
I still go back & forth on it. He has had a bad year managing, but I still like him and think he can be a good manager. And it's not like KW has handed him a full deck to work with.

Ozzie's worst move may be holding on to Greg Walker. There's a pattern that is too consistent with the lineup every year that indicate a change needs to be made. There's also players from other organizations that seem to get worse under Ozzie since 2007. Things aren't clicking anymore.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Aug 3, 2011 -> 07:41 PM)
Expensive team that Ozzie is managing poorly and could be better and easily in first place with a top of the line pitching staff and the top bullpen, but a lineup of underachievers that Ozzie puts in position to fail.

Also, Ozzie is way more "Hollywood" than Kenny.

Good point.

Ozzie is the one who is the media seeking attention lover. He has his own twitter, facebook page, blog, and website. Kenny wants nothing to do with the media. Who is Hollywood?

If you think this is bad just imagine if he didn't have 2012 picked up- Ozzie would be more bit*hy than anyone of the real houswives of NY. Enough is enough. This team is the laughing stock of the league. Every day seemingly a new group of migrants are laughingly pissing on our front lawn in broad daylight while management watches through the glass window and simply just shrugs their shoulders. Time to clean house, it AIN'T WORKING!

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Aug 4, 2011 -> 09:57 AM)
If you think this is bad just imagine if he didn't have 2012 picked up- Ozzie would be more bit*hy than anyone of the real houswives of NY. Enough is enough. This team is the laughing stock of the league. Every day seemingly a new group of migrants are laughingly pissing on our front lawn in broad daylight while management watches through the glass window and simply just shrugs their shoulders. Time to clean house, it AIN'T WORKING!

I'm not quite sure what the metaphor here actually means, but it makes me a bit uncomfortable.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 4, 2011 -> 12:59 AM)
I want to see Dick Allen (the poster or the real one) installed as the hitting coach for the next 2 months just to see if things could possibly get any worse.

We'll find out by the end of the weekend if we've actually reached rock bottom yet. 2007 was bad, but this is now much more depressing.

In the 70's folks had some different opinions of Dick Allen, and Dick Allen had some different opinions of things. But, he was a heck of a hitter. I remember the 72 All-Star game I think it was where Dick Allen came up with a runner in scoring position and purposely went to right field with a single to drive in a run. Dick Allen who could hit 35-40 homers a year went to right field to plate a run. These hitters today could learn from that.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 4, 2011 -> 01:47 PM)
Good point.

Ozzie is the one who is the media seeking attention lover. He has his own twitter, facebook page, blog, and website. Kenny wants nothing to do with the media. Who is Hollywood?

I am not going to put the blame only on Ozzie. If you win as a team you also lose as a team. It;'s all about effort. We haven't gotten a lot from some players and besides Ozzie only can play the 25 team members he was given. However, I do believe changes should be made in some spots for sure.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Aug 4, 2011 -> 10:18 AM)
In the 70's folks had some different opinions of Dick Allen, and Dick Allen had some different opinions of things. But, he was a heck of a hitter. I remember the 72 All-Star game I think it was where Dick Allen came up with a runner in scoring position and purposely went to right field with a single to drive in a run. Dick Allen who could hit 35-40 homers a year went to right field to plate a run. These hitters today could learn from that.

In 20 years, some one will say this exact same thing about Paul Konerko.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 4, 2011 -> 07:47 AM)
Good point.

Because Kenny makes bold moves that generally set up the team in win now mode.

HOLLYWOOD.

Cowley is obviously the worst nicknamer ever.

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Aug 4, 2011 -> 01:16 PM)
What are the odds we can trade Ozzie for anything (low level prospect and his contract) to the Marlins this offseason? I'm not familiar with the trading of a manager, I cannot recall it being done often in the last 20 years or so of me following baseball...

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qi...18200429AAUZSef