LBJ had Kennedy killed, believed Jackie

southsider2k5

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 04:13 AM)
Who the hell is God Loves the Infantry? FlySox? Sounds like FlySox.

Yes and cheating is despicable and wrong.

What it doesn't do is make someone a bad person, it means they either had an extreme moment of weakness or need to just not be in relationships.

And yes, some of us do have honor and some don't. But like everything, the variable is who gets to judge honor.

Um, yes it does make someone a bad person. When people say things like that, it makes me sick to think of the lack of morals in today's society.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 09:51 AM)
Um, yes it does make someone a bad person. When people say things like that, it makes me sick to think of the lack of morals in today's society.

Let me reiterate that.

A person who cheats has to do a lot to make up for it, but it doesn't make them the devil incarnate.

Example: Tiger

What he did was absoulutely, 100% wrong. There was no way he was going to make up with his wife over that. But do I think he has evil thoughts? No, it means I think he was weak, not someone who would go punch a baby.

I hope that made sense.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 09:54 AM)
Let me reiterate that.

A person who cheats has to do a lot to make up for it, but it doesn't make them the devil incarnate.

Example: Tiger

What he did was absoulutely, 100% wrong. There was no way he was going to make up with his wife over that. But do I think he has evil thoughts? No, it means I think he was weak, not someone who would go punch a baby.

I hope that made sense.

It means it is a person who would absolutely take advantage of a situation for personal gain at the expense of other people, even those who are supposed to be the most important to them. In the case of an athlete, it just makes them a lowlife. In the case of politicians it takes on a whole other level because those people are the ones making decisions as to what is best for the entire country. If you can't trust them not to screw over their wife and kids how they hell are you going to trust them to not screw you over?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 09:59 AM)
It means it is a person who would absolutely take advantage of a situation for personal gain at the expense of other people, even those who are supposed to be the most important to them. In the case of an athlete, it just makes them a lowlife. In the case of politicians it takes on a whole other level because those people are the ones making decisions as to what is best for the entire country. If you can't trust them not to screw over their wife and kids how they hell are you going to trust them to not screw you over?

Adultery is quite common. I'd bet a large % of politicians you have personally voted for have committed it.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 09:58 AM)
You don't have to be evil, the devil incarnate, or possess the desire to punch babies to be a bad person. Cheaters are bad people, not weak. That's just a useful cop out.

I hate grey area definitions.

I think I'm trying to convey the message that my idea of a bad person is they knowingly want to cause harm to others. Some cheaters do that, true, so f*** them. Others are just selfish morons, but I don't think the intent was to harm so much as to get some, and they are just too idiotic to think about who it hurts.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 10:01 AM)
Adultery is quite common. I'd bet a large % of politicians you have personally voted for have committed it.

I'm sure they have, but it doesn't make it right no matter how many people do it. That's mob mentality.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 10:04 AM)
I'm sure they have, but it doesn't make it right no matter how many people do it. That's mob mentality.

I'm never said it was right. Just pointing out that it's something that's common.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 10:06 AM)
I'm never said it was right. Just pointing out that it's something that's common.

I sure don't want them in charge of anything important. They have pretty clearly demonstrated in my eyes that they aren't trustworthy.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 09:06 AM)

You might be right. And that's pretty sad. Personally, I refuse to condone adultery by voting for anyone who has committed it. That's an automatic no-go in my book.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 10:02 AM)
I hate grey area definitions.

I think I'm trying to convey the message that my idea of a bad person is they knowingly want to cause harm to others. Some cheaters do that, true, so f*** them. Others are just selfish morons, but I don't think the intent was to harm so much as to get some, and they are just too idiotic to think about who it hurts.

I don't think there's much grey area to it. If you cheat, you're a bad person. I don't believe anyone is actually stupid enough to not know that cheating will directly hurt someone.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 11:31 AM)
I don't think there's much grey area to it. If you cheat, you're a bad person. I don't believe anyone is actually stupid enough to not know that cheating will directly hurt someone.

Two the first part, I meant the grey area of defining what makes someone bad.

As to the second, you'd be shocked by human idiocy.

Edited by Quinarvy

My ex cheated on me. And before one of you smart asses tells me it's because I'm such a conservative prick, this was a person who once claimed that she knew fascism was a good thing because she saw what it had done to her native Italy. I'm small government right wing, so this was a bizarre statement even to me.

Point is...she was and still is a bad person. I feel really embarassed for having dated her.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 04:31 PM)

Interesting topic.

I don't know if the people I know who cheat are bad persons.

This one guy has 2 kids and is a good dad. He just has a lot of money and cheats like crazy.

I truly think it's an economic thing. People that are rich and famous sometimes tend to be selfish and feel they deserve to be satisfied sexually at all times.

I truly respect guys who do not cheat.

But to those who do cheat, it seems like it's a lifestyle thing. They don't think twice. They just cheat. And most guys I know who cheat have a lot of money and/or clout.

I am amazed that some of the cheaters I know don't even practice safe sex all the time with the cheatees. That is pretty sad.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 03:12 PM)
This one guy has 2 kids and is a good dad. He just has a lot of money and cheats like crazy.

I think being a rampant cheater and being a good dad are mutually exclusive.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 10:12 PM)
Interesting topic.

I don't know if the people I know who cheat are bad persons.

I truly think it's an economic thing. People that are rich and famous sometimes tend to be selfish and feel they deserve to be satisfied sexually at all times.

I truly respect guys who do not cheat.

But to those who do cheat, it seems like it's a lifestyle thing. They don't think twice. They just cheat. And most guys I know who cheat have a lot of money and/or clout.

I am amazed that some of the cheaters I know don't even practice safe sex all the time with the cheatees. That is pretty sad.

So he's not only lying to and being disloyal to his SO, if he's not practicing safe sex, he's potentially exposing her to diseases as well. Nice.

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 03:24 PM)
So he's not only lying to and being disloyal to his SO, if he's not practicing safe sex, he's potentially exposing her to diseases as well. Nice.

Which raises another question...

How on Earth does Greg know that they have unsafe sex? I mean, is this guy running around saying, "Hey guys, I f***ed someone. She wasn't my wife. I did it bare too! Yeeehaw!"? Worse, does Greg get to watch?

Lot of fishy s*** going on here.

QUOTE (God Loves The Infantry @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 05:29 PM)

How on Earth does Greg know that they have unsafe sex? I mean, is this guy running around saying, "Hey guys, I f***ed someone. She wasn't my wife. I did it bare too! Yeeehaw!"? Worse, does Greg get to watch?

Just trust us...

You're happier not reading or considering Greg's posts in that level of detail.

I have to say that I don't agree with what a lot of you guys think about cheating...

I'm not saying it's a good thing by any means...but I don't necessarily think it's within our human nature to be committed to one person for our entire lives...which is most likely why so many people cheat.

So if we have created an artificial construct, which may go against our nature as human beings, why or how does that make someone who fails to live up to that construct a "bad human being"?

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 10:24 PM)

QUOTE (God Loves The Infantry @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 10:29 PM)

1.) I know. That is pretty rotten. It should be illegal if wife catches something.

2.) I said "one guy I know." Some cheaters like to talk about their exploits. He's a good friend and he told me his philosophy on cheating and some of the girls he had he didn't use safe sex.

I prolly should dump him as a friend but like I said I know a lot of cheaters.

He's not a bad guy. He told me once that when he had a heart health scare he felt it was a sign he ought to clean up his act and not cheat anymore.

I don't cheat but some do. And some will talk about it if they are friends. Why was that so hard to believe?

Another question is: Would u dump a friend if he cheats on his wife?

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 09:34 PM)
I have to say that I don't agree with what a lot of you guys think about cheating...

I'm not saying it's a good thing by any means...but I don't necessarily think it's within our human nature to be committed to one person for our entire lives...which is most likely why so many people cheat.

So if we have created an artificial construct, which may go against our nature as human beings, why or how does that make someone who fails to live up to that construct a "bad human being"?

Because you are harming another person.

If you don't want to commit to one person and would like to be with 5, 10, 20, whatever, you're certainly free to do so. But don't enter a relationship with someone with the implicit idea being that you're going to be faithful if you're not going to be.

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 03:39 PM)
Because you are harming another person.

If you don't want to commit to one person and would like to be with 5, 10, 20, whatever, you're certainly free to do so. But don't enter a relationship with someone with the implicit idea being that you're going to be faithful if you're not going to be.

Yeah, I get that.

I guess I was hoping for a little more philosophical response.

I guess I'm just pointing out I am not sure marriage is a brilliant concept...

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 10:43 PM)
Yeah, I get that.

I guess I was hoping for a little more philosophical response.

I guess I'm just pointing out I am not sure marriage is a brilliant concept...

When people get married they make vows.

If they are going to go that route (let's face it, many people marry because they want to have families and be GREAT parents) they should remain faithful.

You are taking a vow.

Don't go that route if you don't want to stay faithful.

That said: I know tons of people who cheat and think it's natural.