All Things Rick Hahn

harfman77

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Oct 20, 2011 -> 01:55 PM)
I am sure he would take the job, too get away from KW staying around forever.

He has turned down a lot of interviews because they weren't what he was looking for. He seems in no hurry to the point where he would "take the job" to get away from Kenny. But don't let history disrupt a good rant.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 20, 2011 -> 05:25 PM)
He has turned down a lot of interviews because they weren't what he was looking for. He seems in no hurry to the point where he would "take the job" to get away from Kenny. But don't let history disrupt a good rant.

That is your opinion you got no idea any more than I do if he is or is not sick of the circus that is JR/KW and wants to leave now.

Edited by Soxfest

It would be interesting to know just what Hahn is thought about by other teams. The White Sox obviously have a bloated payroll for the amount of wins. The young players that came up you, guys like Beckham and Sale and even Viciedo you can't say were "developed" by the Sox. I wonder if other teams question his evaluation skills. He does have a reputation for being a good contract guy, maybe the Angels are perfect for him. He can be a fake GM for a few years until Sciosca retires or his gout flare ups become too much and they hand over the keys.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Oct 20, 2011 -> 06:08 PM)
That is your opinion you got no idea any more than I do if he is or is not sick of the circus that is JR/KW and wants to leave now.

Why would you include JR in that, from all accounts everyone loves working for JR even Ozzie loved JR. My opinion is you have no idea about anything wsox related.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Oct 20, 2011 -> 08:24 PM)
Why would you include JR in that, from all accounts everyone loves working for JR even Ozzie loved JR. My opinion is you have no idea about anything wsox related.

JR has the final say on who is or is not the GM, is why he is included. As far as your 2nd comment your opinion of me is irrelevant, what are you 8 yrs old. My opinion is you :crying ................who cares!

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Oct 20, 2011 -> 06:08 PM)

No, it isn't my opinion. It is well known that Hahn has turned down interviews. That isn't the behavior of a guy who wants to leave now.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 21, 2011 -> 10:29 AM)
Small world, huh?

BNightengale Bob Nightengale

#mlb Don't be surprised if the next #Angels GM is a former #WhiteSox assistant: Dan Evans or Rick Hahn have emerged as strong candidates.

If Hahn is offered the job, I think he will go this time.

Edited by Soxfest

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/white-sox/..._medium=twitter

Might be time for White Sox shuffle at top

October, 21, 2011

Oct 21

1:35

PM CT

By Doug Padilla

CHICAGO – At this point, one of these Rick Hahn rumors is going to become official so if the White Sox don’t want to lose their general manager star in the making it might be time for a promotion.

The White Sox assistant general manager has been the right-hand man to GM Kenny Williams for 11 seasons now and is highly respected for his work with contract negotiations and his growing expertise as a talent evaluator.

Reports have now surfaced that Hahn is a strong candidate for the Los Angeles Angels’ general manager vacancy. He was also talked about as a possibility for the Cubs opening and interviewed with the New York Mets last offseason when they had a GM opening.

Somebody is expected to take a chance on Hahn at some point and this could be the time. Hahn is a native of Winnetka, went to the University of Michigan and also Harvard Law School so he has ties to a variety of areas.

He also has ties to the Angels’ neck of the woods having worked at Steinberg, Moorad & Dunn sports agency in Newport Beach, Calif., for two years.

The White Sox could go the route that the Cubs are expected to follow and make Williams a team president much like the team across town is about to do with Theo Epstein. Then Hahn can move into the White Sox’s general manager role.

How the White Sox divide up responsibilities between Hahn and Williams could go a long way to deciding if Hahn would be up for the promotion. If their duties stay the same and only their titles change that might not be enough of a challenge for Hahn.

But there is a possibility that things might not be much different if Hahn goes to the Angels. The talk has always been that field manager Mike Scioscia has a huge influence on player personnel decisions, perhaps as much or more than any other manager in baseball. Would the GM role with the Angels essentially be akin to an assistant GM job elsewhere?

It’s obvious, though, that the clock is ticking on Hahn once again. Saying that he will one day get a GM job isn’t just giving him a compliment, the number of teams expressing interest in him is growing.

If the White Sox want to keep Hahn, they might want to show him what he means to the organization.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blo...-gm-search.html

Former Dodgers Assistant General Manager Kim Ng is interviewing for the Angels GM job Wednesday, former Dodgers GM Dan Evans will interview for the position Thursday or Friday, and the Angels are expected to receive permission to interview Texas Rangers assistant GM Thad Levine after the World Series is over.

But the team has already begun to narrow the field for Tony Reagins' replacement. New York Yankees executive Damon Oppenheimer, who was interviewed last week in Florida, has been told he is no longer in the running for the job, according to people familiar with the team's GM search who are not authorized to speak publicly on the topic.

Oppenheimer, a 48-year-old Southern California native, is the Yankees' vice president of amateur scouting and has been credited with turning around the team’s minor-league system, one which was considered among the worst in the majors less than a decade ago. The Angels also interviewed Billy Eppler, the Yankees' 36-year-old senior director of pro personnel. Eppler has reportedly been called back for a second interview.

Tampa Bay GM Andrew Friedman appears to be the leading candidate, and as of Tuesday night, the 34-year-old had not pulled himself out of the running. But Friedman is extremely loyal to Rays owner Stuart Sternberg, and the Angels do not seem to have much confidence that they can lure him to Anaheim.

Angels owner Arte Moreno and team President John Carpino flew to Florida to meet with Friedman last week. In addition to Friedman and Eppler, the Angels have formally interviewed Jerry Dipoto, Arizona's senior vice president for scouting and player development; Chicago White Sox assistant GM Rick Hahn; and former New York Mets GM Omar Minaya.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Oct 26, 2011 -> 09:56 PM)
He used to be a Soxkiller!

I still remember Harry Caray of all people waxing all giddy-like about the "very fine, young outfield of Bosley, Lemon, and Washington". I shared in that enthusiasm at the time, as it did seem promising. Wasn't meant to be, as it turned out!