Managerial Prospects for Next Year...

Wanne

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Sep 5, 2011 -> 11:42 PM)
Please, please explain. "what you mean". This outta be good...

What I mean is the guy we get will likely be WORSE than Ozzie.

If you are going to sign Tony Freaking Pena, who is horrible, then keep Ozzie.

Why in the world is Tony Pena a better candidate than Ozzie? Oops I know why. Cause he won't say anything controversial. Actually he'll be perfect for Soxtalk. Bless Tony, who is a good guy, but you can't understand a word he says cause of the accent. Oz can be bad enough; Pena you can't understand a word on radio/TV. The writers will be able to pick out a few words.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Again Greg, who the f*** cares if a manager says something controversial? It's not like the Sox benefit by Ozzie acting stupid in the media. If anything, his attitude to the press sometimes seems to make him more stubborn than he should be with regards to in-game/lineup decisions.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 6, 2011 -> 02:50 AM)
Again Greg, who the f*** cares if a manager says something controversial? It's not like the Sox benefit by Ozzie acting stupid in the media. If anything, his attitude to the press sometimes seems to make him more stubborn than he should be with regards to in-game/lineup decisions.

That's what I mean. Our uber sensitive soxtalk fans will love the fact our new manager is dull. They are sick of ozzie's quotes which I find so funny and most on here hate.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 6, 2011 -> 04:04 AM)
That's what I mean. Our uber sensitive soxtalk fans will love the fact our new manager is dull. They are sick of ozzie's quotes which I find so funny and most on here hate.

I don't care if we have the funniest manager or the dullest...as long as they put our players in position to succeed and put the team first before their own ego.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 5, 2011 -> 10:04 PM)

Most of the posters here don't care if the manager is dull or controversial, we care if he's good at managing the game.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 6, 2011 -> 03:31 AM)
Most of the posters here don't care if the manager is dull or controversial, we care if he's good at managing the game.

There have been a lot of posts on here blasting Ozzie for his comments. Tons this season; tons of late.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 6, 2011 -> 03:49 AM)
There have been a lot of posts on here blasting Ozzie for his comments. Tons this season; tons of late.

Yes, because of the simple fact his team is failing on the field. In 2005 and 2006, about 95% of the people on here were willing to deal with his BS in the media as long as the team was playing well.

QUOTE (flavum @ Sep 5, 2011 -> 07:44 AM)
QUOTE (Tex @ Sep 5, 2011 -> 07:09 AM)

Cooper. He's earned it. I can't believe no one has thought of him for the spot.

He's been brought up before.

And no f***ing way.

Coop dealing with media after a few losing streaks? Oy.. I get the feeling that would be like Ozzie minus the entertainment value.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 4, 2011 -> 03:40 PM)
Daryl Boston

:lolhitting

QUOTE (Wanne @ Sep 5, 2011 -> 11:09 AM)
I wish I had a dollar for every time Ozzie left a pitcher in for too long or pitched to somebody with an open base... thus stringing together 4 full pages in the game thread of what an idiot he is. Yes...they do have influence. You think Rios pencils himself in the 4-hole?

Like Ron Gardenhire pitching to Paul Konerko with runners on 2nd and 3rd in the bottom of the 9th?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 5, 2011 -> 09:48 PM)
What I mean is the guy we get will likely be WORSE than Ozzie.

If you are going to sign Tony Freaking Pena, who is horrible, then keep Ozzie.

Why in the world is Tony Pena a better candidate than Ozzie? Oops I know why. Cause he won't say anything controversial. Actually he'll be perfect for Soxtalk. Bless Tony, who is a good guy, but you can't understand a word he says cause of the accent. Oz can be bad enough; Pena you can't understand a word on radio/TV. The writers will be able to pick out a few words.

*rolls eyes* If having a funny, loud, sassy guy as manager is a recipe for success, then the Sox should just hire George Lopez. I don't give two s***s if a manager is funny or in your face. I want a manager than can win. If he can win and be funny at the same time, great. If he can win and doesn't make a peep, great. Stop saying Ozzie is the guy just because he's loud and funny.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 6, 2011 -> 08:10 AM)
Like Ron Gardenhire pitching to Paul Konerko with runners on 2nd and 3rd in the bottom of the 9th?

What are they 20 out and fielding a AA team? Who cares. Ozzie does that crap when we're in the thick of things.