Lillibridge out for year

fathom

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bozzie @ Sep 9, 2011 -> 10:39 AM)
Despite Lillibridge's misfortune, this is really a blessing in disguise, as it gives Ozzie more opportunities to play Adam Dung, who has been unfairly relegated to the bench in recent weeks. Now Dung can finally show us all what he's made of!

If playing Adam Dunn is a blessing in disguise I'd hate to see what a curse is.

Edit. I just realized you were being sarcastic. lol.

Edited by Jordan4life

I always liked this kid. You can't help but root for him. My wife even thought he should have been given more playing time and we both woukd comment about how he always came ready to play 100%. Good luck Lili adn just get ready for 2012. We need you on the team.

QUOTE (LVSoxFan @ Sep 9, 2011 -> 09:57 AM)
Is it safe to call Lilly--if we take Paulie out of consideration, who's a lock--the 2011 Sox player of the year?

I mean this guy just DEFINES hustle, spirit, enthusiasm, ability--you know, everything that's missing from the 2011 Sox.

Sorry to see him out for the season but doesn't that just go right along with how 2011 has been.

Lilly: my favorite player of 2011 by far.

Santos and Buehrle would be ahead of him in my book.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 9, 2011 -> 08:31 AM)
ChrisRongey Chris Rongey

Herm confirms the fracture in Lillibridge's hand is the 5th metacarpal. In case you love details.

BSLillibridge Brent Lillibridge

Thanks for the love everyone. Very frustrated, but God has blessed me all year here in Chicago. See you all on the field in Spring.

I guess he can still tweet. I was worried about that.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Sep 9, 2011 -> 02:04 PM)
Can't he just use that Elfin Magic to heal, or does that only apply to fudge striped cookies?

Obviously it didn't work...

JimMargalus Jim Margalus

Lillibridge watched Paul Konerko's inspirational portable DVD player. Will Konerko reward him?

QUOTE (sunofgold @ Sep 9, 2011 -> 03:15 PM)
This sucks. Get ready for 2012 Lil'dude

Who can backup Paulie at 1B for the rest of the year. Really hate seeing Dunn on the field. Anybody to call up? Or use Vizquel at 1B sometimes?

No. It seems like the season is over (dammit I hate admitting that), so make Dunn get his fat ass out there and earn his millions. Maybe he'll get hot and finally start launching homers like he was brought in to do.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Sep 9, 2011 -> 10:44 AM)
I always liked this kid. You can't help but root for him. My wife even thought he should have been given more playing time and we both woukd comment about how he always came ready to play 100%. Good luck Lili adn just get ready for 2012. We need you on the team.

QUOTE (sunofgold @ Sep 9, 2011 -> 03:15 PM)
This sucks. Get ready for 2012 Lil'dude

Who can backup Paulie at 1B for the rest of the year. Really hate seeing Dunn on the field. Anybody to call up? Or use Vizquel at 1B sometimes?

Hmmmm. Might be something to Milk's theory. lol.

• 2 weeks later...