WHAT THE HELL? WHITE SOX WINNER? RIOS WALK OFF SLAM?

Quin

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (knightni @ Sep 11, 2011 -> 05:51 PM)
Hmmm ...

45 mil plus personal pride :whichway no money and admitting failure.

.. tough choice.

It would be only 28 mil left after next season, and yes it seems unrealistic, but if he remains unplayable, I don't see him sitting on a bench as a 25th man, never playing, and collecting a paycheck, for three. more. seasons. The level of pariah status would be unbearable for anyone.

Some other scenario could transpire where we save some money on Dunn, eventually. Time will tell.

Hopefully, he rebounds and makes this moot, but I think he just may be Done.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 11, 2011 -> 03:24 PM)
I really believe he's not going anywhere. I just can't imagine waking up in November or December and seeing the headline, "White Sox fire Ozzie Guillen." I just can't see it.

I fear this as well with the present vibe I'm getting. JR's gonna call for a group hug, and keep the status quo for next year, possibly only promoting KW and making Hahn GM.

This is completely unacceptable.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 12, 2011 -> 11:30 AM)
Could Reinsdorf give Guillen an extension and then have him traded to the Marlins?

Well, then Florida would be guaranteed at least two WS titles. Seriously, though, what're the rules for extending and trading? A player signed cannot be traded for a certain period of time, right? Is it the same for extensions?

I don't think technically you can trade a manager for a player. Obviously there are ways around it. If I'm the Marlins, I don't know why I would give compensation to talk to or bring Ozzie in. I'd make the White Sox make a decision. If they don't want him, they have to let him go. If they want him, do they really want him for only one season? I'd call the bluff and see what's up. I certainly would not give up a guy of Morrison's ilk if it came to it. Where else is Ozzie going to go? All the other teams that will be looking for a manager are awful and should be for years. His antics will get stale quickly.

Edited by Dick Allen