Most ridiculous man-crush

southsider2k5

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 15, 2011 -> 08:05 PM)
Yeah, but I think that affected his career with the Angels...by the time he came here, he was more of a "suspect" than prospect, although anyone drafted that high gets a lot of chances to prove himself.

The one thing I will always remember about McKay was I went to a twi night DH against TB in 1999. The first game was a make up and there were probably 125 people in the stands. We arrived in the top of the first and as soon as we walked into the concourse over by the 3rd base side, we could hear Christensen calling for a flyball in CF. It was like going to a HS game and it was cold.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really thought Miguel Olivo was going to be one of the top 5, if not top 3, best catches in baseball for a decade when he first came up. So while he's been a solid player, and while I wasn't mad when we traded him because of what came back, I'd put him here. In a similar boat, Willie Harris has had a nice career but I thought he'd play in a few All Star Games and be a long term starter. I remember being pissed about Tadahito originally because it would take away from Willie's playing time.

Good ol' #45 for the Barons, he gave up a promising career to go back to his former career. Sad

Jon Rauch and almost that entire group. The Sox were going to be stocked with arms for a decade or more. They were the next Atlanta Braves. :chair Maybe that's why I basically stopped caring about minor league players. They are like socks, just buy a lot of 'em and something will match.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 15, 2011 -> 03:01 PM)
I remember watching Daryl Boston certainly, but I don't recall any specific ridiculous catch. Details?

I'm pretty sure he was running full speed and dove head first into the stands in foul territory to catch a pop-up. If it is what I am thinking of it makes Uribe's WS catch seems pretty routine, although the situation was obviously quite different. I cannot find a clip of it.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Sep 15, 2011 -> 11:24 PM)
Danny Richar.

I really don't know what the f*** I saw in that guy. Saw decent numbers in the minors when we traded for him and figured he would... actually I don't even know. Damn. This is kinda embarrassing.

He washed out of indy ball by the way. I saw him a year or so before the White Sox traded for him and I was not impressed.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 15, 2011 -> 06:59 PM)
Esteban Yan and one of fathom's (or balta or jpn, can't remember), John Shelby, Jr.

Treybone has some useful tools. I think he could be a decent 8 hitter/4th outfielder for a National League team. Has great speed, a better than you think throwing arm and good pop. Off the charts character.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Sep 15, 2011 -> 11:24 PM)
Danny Richar.

I really don't know what the f*** I saw in that guy. Saw decent numbers in the minors when we traded for him and figured he would... actually I don't even know. Damn. This is kinda embarrassing.

Hawk was also high on him. But then again, he's high on every Sox prospect.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 16, 2011 -> 06:40 PM)
Promote Jeff Bajenaru Club: 1. Rockraines 2. Milkman delivers 3. Pastime 4. Sox Hustler 5. NUKE_CLEVELAND 6. knightni

7. ScottPodRulez22 8. SoxFan1 9. Jake

I remember Jeff Bajenaru because the 2K devs made him black in MLB 2K5. :lolhitting