My endorsement for the next manager...Terry Francona

macsandz

Francona's contract is up at the end of the season and there is big time discontent in BOS right now as injuries and terrible pitching is killing that team's chances.

The guy has two W.S. rings as manager and has managed several years in the Chicago White Sox organization:

In 1991, he managed the rookie league Sarasota White Sox of the Gulf Coast League. In 1992, he ran the South Bend White Sox of the mid-level Class A Midwest League. As manager of the AA franchise Birmingham Barons from 1993–1995, he posted a 223-203 record and won two distinctions: Southern League Manager of the Year in 1993, Baseball America's Minor League Manager of the Year in 1993, and top managerial candidate by Baseball America in 1994. Birmingham won the Southern League championship in 1993.

Great fit for this team going forward.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 25, 2011 -> 01:12 PM)
Honestly...he wouldn't excite me.

He's professional, smart, proven, and classy. I'd love to have him. To see how many people gripe about LaRussa or even Francona, it just boggles my mind. Especially when you have the crap the Sox have ran out.

I haven't watched a game in a month and don't miss baseball at all. I hate this team and hate this organization right now. They are classless in the way they act and this is the most unlikeable team I've ever been a fan of. And to hear that the organizatoin might have zero major changes, it blows my mind.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Sep 25, 2011 -> 04:58 PM)
He's professional, smart, proven, and classy. I'd love to have him. To see how many people gripe about LaRussa or even Francona, it just boggles my mind. Especially when you have the crap the Sox have ran out.

I haven't watched a game in a month and don't miss baseball at all. I hate this team and hate this organization right now. They are classless in the way they act and this is the most unlikeable team I've ever been a fan of. And to hear that the organizatoin might have zero major changes, it blows my mind.

I completely agree with you. Id be thrilled with either of those two. I have watched them some though. Next year, I won't watch the ozzie guillen show, which is how the nation sees this team, unless the team is in first place all year.

Edited by MAX

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 25, 2011 -> 04:45 PM)
Being able to handle great talent is a skill as well. Phil got MJ to give up the ball, Rodman to stay out of jail, and Kobe and Shaq to not kill each other. Don't underestimate how important Phil Jackson was to those mixes.

Rumor has it MJ had a lot more to do with keeping players in line than Jackson.

QUOTE (Cali @ Sep 25, 2011 -> 07:23 PM)
Wasn't Francona a finalist in 2004 for the White Sox job? I'm pretty sure he interviewed at least.....maybe I'm wrong

We are both on the same page there. I can't remember what year it was, but I do know he interviewed for the sox job. Thought it was alittle earlier than that, but I could be wrong.

QUOTE (Wanne @ Sep 25, 2011 -> 07:11 PM)
I'd be surprised if Boston let him go. If they did...I'd much rather have him than a few names I've heard. MUCH more than Larussa btw...but neither are available right now.

If Boston doesn't make the playoffs, he very likely is gonna take the fall.