Ozzie Guillen Released from Contract

HuskyCaucasian

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 08:44 PM)
They couldn't get that done until after the WS anyway because of waiver rules.

Ozzie Guillen's value was never that high. For as mush as he's frustrated the Marlins organization LoMo is a 23 year old former top 20 prospect, under team control for another 5 years, hit 22 HR this year and owns an 810 career OPS. That's a very valuable piece right there, not the kind of player you swap for a manager who was on his last leg with his former org.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 08:48 PM)
Ozzie Guillen's value was never that high. For as mush as he's frustrated the Marlins organization LoMo is a 23 year old former top 20 prospect, under team control for another 5 years, hit 22 HR this year and owns an 810 career OPS. That's a very valuable piece right there, not the kind of player you swap for a manager who was on his last leg with his former org.

We could get Nunez. :P

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 07:43 PM)
+1

God damn it, seriously I'm more excited now than any point since October of 2005.

I think you are going to be severely disappointed with whoever our manager is. I just don't think they have the kind of effect on a game that you are thinking.

Unless you are happy that he is gone just because you didn't like his tired act, which was definitely tired. It's not like we're going to get much better at a team because of this though.

Edited by jphat007

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 01:51 AM)
I think you are going to be severely disappointed with whoever our manager is. I just don't think they have the kind of affect on a game that you are thinking.

Unless you are happy that he is gone just because you didn't like his tired act, which was definitely tired. It's not like we're going to get much better at a team because of this though.

I agree, but it's a step in the right direction.

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 08:51 PM)
I think you are going to be severely disappointed with whoever our manager is. I just don't think they have the kind of affect on a game that you are thinking.

I think we'll better and I was tired of his act.

QUOTE (flavum @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 08:49 PM)
I'm glad there will be a change, but I'm sorry it had to end this way.

Ozzie is good for baseball. It's going to be interesting to see what happens in Miami, where he doesn't have a brother relationship with the GM, and a father-son realtionship with the owner.

He'll be managing in a tough division and working for a man who is VERY easily offended. It'll be interesting.