Ozzie Guillen Released from Contract

HuskyCaucasian

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Allsox @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 10:38 PM)
Holy hell, is KW just piling on the dirt on Ozzie's grave. Paraphrasing: "We had the warnings, we have select candidates."

Weird, weird conference by Kenny.

No he isn't piling on. What the hell are you talking about? He is simply saying that there were warnings that the relationship wouldn't work any further. Hell Ozzie said it himself. This was Ozzie's choice. He choose to leave. Kenny Williams said that he wasn't going to fire Ozzie.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 10:43 PM)
No he isn't piling on. What the hell are you talking about? He is simply saying that there were warnings that the relationship wouldn't work any further. Hell Ozzie said it himself. This was Ozzie's choice. He choose to leave. Kenny Williams said that he wasn't going to fire Ozzie.

Wasn't = couldn't.

I was hoping you'd say these:

1) Signing Dunn was a prudent baseball move that ANY GM would have made given the opportunity. No one saw this coming - NO ONE. Not even you.

2) Getting Rios' potential for a bag of balls was a risky, but a high risk high reward move. So it hasn't panned out, but if you have the opportunity to make that move, I'd rather have the GM who takes a risk and loses than the one that sits on his thumbs and does nothing.

3) Did you forsee the explosion of all our closers? And for the record, as has been stated, if all the other parts had clicked, even with the closing issues we'd be contending.

4) Beckham not hitting is NOT KW's fault. I didn't realize he's the one coaching him in the cage. Whodathunkit?

1. No one saw it.. LOL, a declining slugger in 2010, signs a mutli-year deal... Yeah that's smart

2. Then you are a fool, Rios was a horrible pickup.. This is overreaction to not having a CF since 2005.. I don't want a GM who overreacts for his mistakes, that now hold the team in hostage.

3. YES.. Fa-king YES...

4. So not getting a 2b, allowing Beckham to play.. isn't Kenny's fault.. and is a smart move?

But, you are one of those.. Kenny does no wrong got it!

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 07:58 PM)
@dan_bernstein Dan Bernstein

As we first told you this afternoon, Oz met again w/JR today. Deal will be made to send him to FLA. Probably prospects, not MLB talent.

7 minutes ago via web

Actually, Berstein said the meetings were over the weekend, but weren't they today?

QUOTE (VictoryMC98 @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 09:44 PM)
1. No one saw it.. LOL, a declining slugger in 2010, signs a mutli-year deal... Yeah that's smart

2. Then you are a fool, Rios was a horrible pickup.. This is overreaction to not having a CF since 2005.. I don't want a GM who overreacts for his mistakes, that now hold the team in hostage.

3. YES.. Fa-king YES...

4. So not getting a 2b, allowing Beckham to play.. isn't Kenny's fault.. and is a smart move?

OZZIE MAKES THE LINEUP CARD YOU ... oh man...

and what about 38 home runs in '10 is declining to you?

QUOTE (VictoryMC98 @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 10:44 PM)

3. YES.. Fa-king YES...

How the hell is 38 HRs and a .892 OPS a declining slugger? What kind of world do you live in?

And are you seriously suggesting Beckham shouldn't have gotten a chance to start this year after he hit .310 in the second half last year? You're just grasping at straws.

QUOTE (VictoryMC98 @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 10:47 PM)
Who else plays 2b?

Did you watch the end of 2010 season.. the Nats? I take it no

Dunn did have a subpar second half. But even then, he hit 16 home runs and had a .800+ OPS, .200+ points better than what he's done this season. Nobody saw this coming.

QUOTE (VictoryMC98 @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 09:47 PM)
Who else plays 2b?

Did you watch the end of 2010 season.. the Nats? I take it no

hahaha we've moved Beckham allll around the diamond - forced him to learn new positions, but ozzie wasn't willing to try it on someone else at second base? or maybe KW FORCED him to play Becks. We all know how much power Kenny had over Ozzie's decisions.

I look at a player whose OPS last year was exactly in line with career norms at age 30. Why would he reasonably decline to 11 hr? Explain please.

How the hell is 38 HRs and a .892 OPS a declining slugger? What kind of world do you live in?

And are you seriously suggesting Beckham shouldn't have gotten a chance to start this year after he hit .310 in the second half last year? You're just grasping at straws.

Never said that, you bring in a vet.. if you truly going all in...

If you watched Dunn the 2nd half of last year.. you wouldn't be telling me how great he was.

QUOTE (VictoryMC98 @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 09:51 PM)
Never said that, you bring in a vet.. if you truly going all in...

If you watched Dunn the 2nd half of last year.. you wouldn't be telling me how great he was.

Dunn did have a subpar second half. But even then, he hit 16 home runs and had a .800+ OPS

ruh roh.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 04:52 AM)
I hope to God that tomorrow is the last day for Mark and Jaime Buehrle too.

Sarcasm? The more I think about it, the more I'm pissed at Ozzie for overshadowing Buehrle's probable last start tomorrow with the Sox.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 10:16 PM)
Smartest move the Marlins ever made.

Sox are close to being irrelevant in this town of Chicago, losing a headline stealer like Ozzie. If you think that's not important in this Cubbie-town I believe u are mistaken.

KW better make some significant changes cause the manager wasn't the problem with this poorly built team.

Ozzie's better off in Florida. I hope the Sox make significant player changes for the Buddy Bell era.

It's no fun being on the downslide. The Royals are coming and we are sliding personnel-wise.

Good luck, Ozzie. You are the best manager in Sox history.

Good luck, Ozzie successor. This season sucked and we fans want to have something to cheer about during the season as well as the postseason.

KW won't make the same mistake again. He'll hire a Williams puppet. Hope he picks a good man. I wanna win.

From the espn.com story

"Only Jimmy Dykes and Al Lopez have won more games as White Sox manager than Guillen, who led the club to the World Series title in 2005. Now in his eighth year at the helm, Guillen said he never expected to ride the coattails of that championship forever."

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah........hahahahahahahahahahahaah