9/27 Blue Jays at White Sox

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (VictoryMC98 @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 09:28 PM)
Kenny stated he is "punting" in an interview today.. And needs to clean up his mess if he wants to move up the corporate ladder.

Payroll is getting cut, Mark coming back isn't cutting..

Ugh, your posts are so absolute.

Quentin, Pierre, AJ and one or both of Danks and Floyd are gone at the very least. Kw plans on contending within 3 years so there is plenty of room and reason to bring back Buehrle. They've been talking as well which tells me they are bringing him back.

But please continue.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 09:34 PM)

Quentin, Pierre, AJ and one or both of Danks and Floyd are gone at the very least. Kw plans on contending within 3 years so there is plenty of room and reason to bring back Buehrle. They've been talking as well which tells me they are bringing him back.

But please continue.

AJ is on his way out you say? Awesome.

QUOTE (TomPickle @ Sep 28, 2011 -> 02:33 AM)
I know this is Buehrle's night and all (and rightfully so), but man do I love watching Chris Sale pitch.

Me too.

I used to like watching Thornton, too, though.

Hope Sale is a dominant starter.

But please continue.

CQ, I can see.. Pierre Agreed,

AJ, who is going to take him?

Also Agree on Danks and Floyd...

Even still, I don't see them paying up... But, I was wrong last year, I thought Dunn was Paulie's replacement..

Congratulations to Adam Dunn who set a White Sox single season record for strikeouts. His 3 whiffs tonight bring his record breaking total to 177 and he had a lot of time off. It appears .160 will be the new Dunn line. .200 already the Mendoza line, .160 seems like a good number. Adam will need a hit in the season finale to finish above it.

QUOTE (VictoryMC98 @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 08:55 PM)
CQ, I can see.. Pierre Agreed,

AJ, who is going to take him?

Also Agree on Danks and Floyd...

Even still, I don't see them paying up... But, I was wrong last year, I thought Dunn was Paulie's replacement..

Why would Pierre be back? His contract is expiring. His time as an everyday leadoff hitter passed somewhere between 2010 and 2011.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 28, 2011 -> 02:34 AM)

But please continue.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 28, 2011 -> 03:53 AM)
Congratulations to Adam Dunn who set a White Sox single season record for strikeouts. His 3 whiffs tonight bring his record breaking total to 177 and he had a lot of time off. It appears .160 will be the new Dunn line. .200 already the Mendoza line, .160 seems like a good number. Adam will need a hit in the season finale to finish above it.

1.) It's Flowers time. Should be interesting to see how the new manager deals with Flowers looking like he deserves a shot over AJ who can't throw anybody out anymore. AJ won't want to sit. I could see trading him, but like you said, who will be willing to take him on and his salary? If AJ stays, good luck to the new manager sitting him in favor of Flowers.

2.) Isn't it safe to say most pitchers in baseball, given Dunn's at bats, could hit .160?

Granted they couldn't whack that grand total of 11 home runs.

Any manager who takes this job should demand a helluva contract having to deal with Dunn/Rios. Those two guys can get a manager fired ... oh wait, they already got one pushed out the door over the buffoon GM who acquired them.

Edited by greg775