2011-12 White Sox off season catch all thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I figured out what I'm gonna do next season as to whether or not I get the baseball package (assuming they don't go full rebuild, in which case I'll get it for sure). I'm gonna wait out April. The last two seasons combined in April they are playing 13 games below .500. In May-Sept/Oct: 23 games over .500.

QUOTE (Cali @ Dec 14, 2011 -> 04:33 AM)
I figured out what I'm gonna do next season as to whether or not I get the baseball package (assuming they don't go full rebuild, in which case I'll get it for sure). I'm gonna wait out April. The last two seasons combined in April they are playing 13 games below .500. In May-Sept/Oct: 23 games over .500.

You talking MLB Extra Innings stuff off cable or satellite?

I'm talking about MLB.TV specifically since it's cheaper and gives me access to games on my phone and computer as well as through Apple TV onto my flatscreen.

But, I'm not well off at all money wise so if I can save $25 a month by not watching a horrible baseball team (even if that team is my favorite) I'm gonna do it. In the end it's just sports, it's not that important to me as, say, paying my bills haha

QUOTE (Cali @ Dec 14, 2011 -> 09:56 PM)
I'm talking about MLB.TV specifically since it's cheaper and gives me access to games on my phone and computer as well as through Apple TV onto my flatscreen.

But, I'm not well off at all money wise so if I can save $25 a month by not watching a horrible baseball team (even if that team is my favorite) I'm gonna do it. In the end it's just sports, it's not that important to me as, say, paying my bills haha

Point well taken :lolhitting

I don't think we can post copyright information....can we?

Not a good idea, but instead of doing a copy/paste of the material, a summation in your own words based on your own comprehension of it breaks no rules.

It's no different than you watching a PPV event and describing/commenting on what you saw. It's not a per se re-transmit.

Edited by Andrew

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/the-gms-of...entin-and-danks

ESPN has an article up with Bowden chucking out 5 trades involving Sox players. Let me say I hate all 5 of them...

1. Danks to the Nationals for Brad Peacock and Destin Hood.

barf. hood is whatever and peacock would get rocked in the AL or end up as a reliever... gross

2. Beckham to the Giants for Surkamp, Heath Hembree, Ehire Adrianza

barf. a borderline #5 starter, middle relief prospect, and middle infield prospect with no bat... gross

3. Quentin to the Braves for Kris Medlan and JJ Hoover.

barf. a 2nd division starting pitcher and middle relief prospect.... gross

4. Floyd to the Pirates for Starling Marte and Daniel Moskos

super barf. this is the worst of them all. both marte and moskos are garbage, neither will be even decent major league contributors

5. AJP to the Rays for Jacob Thompson

whatevs. ajp who cares, lance broadway 2.0 is fine...

if this is how SOx prospects are viewed outside our bubble then we're in for some serious disappointment...

QUOTE (Fantl916 @ Dec 16, 2011 -> 12:44 AM)
http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/the-gms-of...entin-and-danks

ESPN has an article up with Bowden chucking out 5 trades involving Sox players. Let me say I hate all 5 of them...

1. Danks to the Nationals for Brad Peacock and Destin Hood.

barf. hood is whatever and peacock would get rocked in the AL or end up as a reliever... gross

2. Beckham to the Giants for Surkamp, Heath Hembree, Ehire Adrianza

barf. a borderline #5 starter, middle relief prospect, and middle infield prospect with no bat... gross

3. Quentin to the Braves for Kris Medlan and JJ Hoover.

barf. a 2nd division starting pitcher and middle relief prospect.... gross

4. Floyd to the Pirates for Starling Marte and Daniel Moskos

super barf. this is the worst of them all. both marte and moskos are garbage, neither will be even decent major league contributors

5. AJP to the Rays for Jacob Thompson

whatevs. ajp who cares, lance broadway 2.0 is fine...

if this is how SOx prospects are viewed outside our bubble then we're in for some serious disappointment...

TBH, I would probably take that package for Beckham, if I had to trade him. I prefer to give him 1 more year, but if I had to trade him, that's not a bad package anymore.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Dec 16, 2011 -> 03:06 AM)
You can't directly post or copy, but you can probably get by "characterizing/summarizing" in your own words.

Although some would probably disagree with that idea as well.

Until the Congress passes the "Destroy the internet" bill today, summarizing and including a link is fine.

If there was any worry out there...

VizquelOmar13 Omar Vizquel

No I won't RT @Kmart0307: @VizquelOmar13 Omar! Are you coming back to the #WhiteSox next season?! I think you should!

VizquelOmar13 Omar Vizquel

Believe it RT @baseballpat54: @VizquelOmar13 do you plan on playing baseball next season?