2011-12 White Sox off season catch all thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Oct 18, 2011 -> 12:14 PM)
And who put that team together???

I've given KW his props for that.

But if the Sox are discarding Ozzie and fans are turning on him, well I think the blame should be shared and KW should be outta here.

And this stuff with Coop is troubling too.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 18, 2011 -> 01:13 PM)

But if the Sox are discarding Ozzie and fans are turning on him, well I think the blame should be shared and KW should be outta here.

244b29c537e5924.jpg

Any questions?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 18, 2011 -> 01:13 PM)

Ozzie quit. He's the Marlins' problem now. KW is not going anywhere right now. He probably has a fairly short leash, though. And the only thing that is troubling about the stuff with Coop is that fact that Ozzie is already crying and pointing fingers.

Ozzie Guillen does not exist with the White Sox anymore. It's time to stop talking about him.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 18, 2011 -> 11:54 PM)
Ignoring this truth is now an art, apparently.

Please.

This is where we disagree. Ozzie "quit" cause he couldn't get the extension. You read that last Cowley story where he addressed the quitting issue with that colorful obscene quote. Cmon. We are all smart people here (resist the temptation to rip me here). We know KW won the battle. Ozzie "quit?" Cmon.

Please stop saying that. If the Marlins' offer hadn't been looming, he'd have been replaced or bought out or whatever you want to call it. Or KW would have quit.

Reasonable adult fans on here know it was Oz or Ken and Ken won. As an Oz backer I admit that. KW won. He faceplanted Ozzie. He cold cocked him harder than Mayweather floored poor Victor.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 18, 2011 -> 10:34 PM)
This is where we disagree. Ozzie "quit" cause he couldn't get the extension. You read that last Cowley story where he addressed the quitting issue with that colorful obscene quote. Cmon. We are all smart people here (resist the temptation to rip me here). We know KW won the battle. Ozzie "quit?" Cmon.

Please stop saying that. If the Marlins' offer hadn't been looming, he'd have been replaced or bought out or whatever you want to call it. Or KW would have quit.

Reasonable adult fans on here know it was Oz or Ken and Ken won. As an Oz backer I admit that. KW won. He faceplanted Ozzie. He cold cocked him harder than Mayweather floored poor Victor.

Quitting is quitting. He threw a temper tantrum because he wanted an extension (when he was doing his job poorly), and the Sox said no. Then he asked to be released from his contract.

And as it has been talked about before, KW offered to step down because he knew he hadn't done a good job this season. I'm not necessarily a KW apologist, but if I was an employer and I had two employees that were not performing well and constantly bickering and one guy offers to step down while the other cries and screams about more money (while using an outside source to spread the word), who do you think I'd keep?

He already had another years worth of a contract. There was zero need to argue for an extension, especially when you see Ozzie vilify Cooper for asking for an extension when he had NO contract for 2012.

If the Marlins' offer hadn't been looming, he'd have been replaced or bought out or whatever you want to call it.

How do you know this?

http://www.southsideasylum.com/2011/10/mar...on-hunting.html

ZANESVILLE, Ohio - White Sox pitcher Mark Buehrle and Jake Peavy made the trip to Ohio on Tuesday to help out local authorities who were dealing with a group of exotic animals that had been let loose from a local Ohio farm after the farm's owner released the animals before killing himself.

Two avid hunters, Buerhle and Peavy saw the trip as something they had to do, as it was a once in a lifetime experience.

"There aren't many chances that come along like this," said Buehrle. "First of all, you don't want anyone in the area to get hurt. I have kids and I would be terrified of the thought of my children being eaten alive by a tiger while playing at the park. I worry about that every day, which is why I bring my guns with me when I take my kids to the park.

"Second of all, holy [expletive], man. There are [expletive] lions and tigers and bears out there. OH MY. You'd normally have to spend a lot of money to go to Africa to get a chance to hunt a lion. This is right here in the United States! "

The White Sox pitching duo hopped in Buehrle's truck and began the trek as soon as the news broke on Tuesday.

"Yeah, we put enough guns in the truck to invade a small country, or possibly even Canada," said Peavy. "We brought some grenades too, because if the tigers attacked us in a pack or something, we didn't want to be caught unprepared."

Though Peavy doesn't always approve of the use of weapons.

"Listen, I'm just a simple country boy from Alabama. I don't like killing animals with guns. If I had my choice, I'd be wrestling these bears with my bare hands. But there are lives in danger here, and I couldn't live with myself if somebody died because it took me too long to choke a bear to death.

"Sometimes you just have to put the needs of the many before the needs of the you."

According to local authorities, 44 animals have been killed or captured since escaping, but six animals still remain on the loose.

Buehrle says that as long as animals remain unaccounted for, he and Peavy will be there.

"As long as they're out there, we're out there. Until we run out of beer, anyway."

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Oct 19, 2011 -> 01:57 PM)
Youtube vids are filled with ads these days. Happened to notice KW in an ad for a new Starz series with Kelsey Grammar about Chicago's mayor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxZSS8pViww

LOL, I posted that, in this thread, a couple weeks back. I was then told by fathom that he had also posted it previously.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 19, 2011 -> 08:42 PM)
LOL, I posted that, in this thread, a couple weeks back. I was then told by fathom that he had also posted it previously.

It's a good show. Kenny's nickname is the Stealth Bomber, and Grammar's character asks him if he's going after Pujols. KW says they'll talk later.