2011-12 White Sox off season catch all thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, I just have to say it...

I am absolutely thrilled for Edwin Jackson.

Kenny treated him like crap for his entire stay in Chicago - told him to stay at the hotel back in the summer of 2010 because he so sure he was moving on to DC for Dunn.

Then, Kenny couldn't wait to unload him during this past season as Edwin was a constant reminder of how he got played yet again - this time by Mike Rizzo.

Kenny's no doubt figuring that if Dunn had shown even a glimpse of what was to come, he would have been apprehensive about offering Dunn a long-term deal.

Now, Edwin gets a chance to pitch the Cardinals to the World Series - the perfect cosmic retribution.

And we have the never-even-coached-little-league Robin Ventura managing MLB's version of the SS Titanic.

Well done, Kenny Williams, well done indeed!

Edited by mcgrad70

QUOTE (mcgrad70 @ Oct 15, 2011 -> 09:04 PM)

Kenny treated him like crap for his entire stay in Chicago - told him to stay at the hotel back in the summer of 2010 because he so sure he was moving on to DC for Dunn.

Then, Kenny couldn't wait to unload him during this past season as Edwin was a constant reminder of how he got played yet again - this time by Mike Rizzo.

Kenny's no doubt figuring that if Dunn had shown even a glimpse of what was to come, he would have been apprehensive about offering Dunn a long-term deal.

Now, Edwin gets a chance to pitch the Cardinals to the World Series - the perfect cosmic retribution.

And we have the never-even-coached-little-league Robin Ventura managing MLB's version of the SS Titanic.

You are on some good drugs or a movie director, because the level of overanalysis and depth to a fictional story is incredible.

damn autocorrect

Edited by witesoxfan

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Oct 16, 2011 -> 02:10 AM)
You are on some good drugs or a movie director, because the level of overanalysis and depth to a fictional story is incredible.

damn autocorrect

Now that the Oz haters got their way, I'm surprised this board isn't more anti Kenny.

He's put together a very s***ty team and yet there's not the daily railing about Kenny. I don't get it, Oz haters.

Kenny won the initial battle.

Now the venom should be toward getting rid of him as well.

The only thing good about kenny right now IMO is he hasn't gloated about his winning the war with Ozzie. He's been humble after his victory.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 16, 2011 -> 01:59 PM)
Now that the Oz haters got their way, I'm surprised this board isn't more anti Kenny.

He's put together a very s***ty team and yet there's not the daily railing about Kenny. I don't get it, Oz haters.

Kenny won the initial battle.

Now the venom should be toward getting rid of him as well.

The only thing good about kenny right now IMO is he hasn't gloated about his winning the war with Ozzie. He's been humble after his victory.

I am so tired of this same old spiel from you, you should just move on from it. A lot of other people seem to have.

Kenny will get his as there are many who want him gone, time and time again a bunch of folks have pointed this out to you. Kenny is not loved on this board, and many want him gone. It is apparent that JR will not get rid of him at this point in time so there is no reason to keep up that same old song and dance about him.

It harder to build a team than manage it. People will no doubt come with torches a blazing when the season is over. You do realize that games are still being played right now. The World Series hasn't even begun, Kenny hasn't even made a decision yet with the team other than the Ventura signing.

Yeah, Oz gave him a huge head start.

What venom, the board didn't make the decision, JR did. We don't have a single say in what goes on with the team.

Kenny didn't win jack, do you truly think he is happy sitting at home and not still playing games.

Btw, I've been a long long long time lurker, really love the actual baseball talk and White Sox banter that goes on around here (from time to time). Basically just signed up to ignore a few folks. When you lurk you have to read everything that folks say, or just skim a bunch. It really became laughable to read some people.

I told myself I'd never join a sports board just because of the amount of silliness that some folks say but I just couldn't take it anymore. So I hope to be a good member here, I probably won't post a bunch on a regular basis, but maybe I'll add my two pennies from time to time. =)

Larry.

QUOTE (Greyone @ Oct 16, 2011 -> 04:06 PM)
I am so tired of this same old spiel from you, you should just move on from it. A lot of other people seem to have.

Kenny will get his as there are many who want him gone, time and time again a bunch of folks have pointed this out to you. Kenny is not loved on this board, and many want him gone. It is apparent that JR will not get rid of him at this point in time so there is no reason to keep up that same old song and dance about him.

It harder to build a team than manage it. People will no doubt come with torches a blazing when the season is over. You do realize that games are still being played right now. The World Series hasn't even begun, Kenny hasn't even made a decision yet with the team other than the Ventura signing.

What venom, the board didn't make the decision, JR did. We don't have a single say in what goes on with the team.

Kenny didn't win jack, do you truly think he is happy sitting at home and not still playing games.

Btw, I've been a long long long time lurker, really love the actual baseball talk and White Sox banter that goes on around here (from time to time). Basically just signed up to ignore a few folks. When you lurk you have to read everything that folks say, or just skim a bunch. It really became laughable to read some people.

I told myself I'd never join a sports board just because of the amount of silliness that some folks say but I just couldn't take it anymore. So I hope to be a good member here, I probably won't post a bunch on a regular basis, but maybe I'll add my two pennies from time to time. =)

Larry.

It was a damn good post.

Just a heads up. As always, this is the best time to buy Sox gear. I'm poor and cheap (and a slickdealer), so I found some cheap stuff. This black replica jersey, usually around 80, is 24 on amazon http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001QAO5U...s00_i00_details Unfortunately, amazon prices fluctuate, including by size, but I still see it in M and XXL for that price. I got this Majestic Athletic jacket for 37.50, usually 125: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003YC2K2...s02_i00_details It went up about 50 cents but I still see it at that price in M. And this New era black on black 59/50 I got for 10.50: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003JZ56R...s00_i00_details Unfortunately, it went up in most sizes, but if you got a big head, I still see it at that price in size 8.

Also, foot locker/champs oftentimes has 5 dollar t-shirts after the season. I got a black Majestic Athletic Sox t-shirt for 5 at a champs. finish line sometimes does the same.

QUOTE (mcgrad70 @ Oct 15, 2011 -> 09:04 PM)

Did I miss a an Edwin Jackson start some where? I liked getting him and hated moving him but the NLCS games showed why he is moved so often.

QUOTE (Greyone @ Oct 16, 2011 -> 09:06 PM)

Larry.

I probably should be above the fray, but I repeat my stance on Kenny a lot I know. It's probably because I got anti Oz crap shoved in my face every single day for months.

So occasionally I point out that I'm ready for the anti Kenny stuff to start a comin.

Again, I should be above that. You post pointed that out well.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 17, 2011 -> 03:25 PM)
I probably should be above the fray, but I repeat my stance on Kenny a lot I know. It's probably because I got anti Oz crap shoved in my face every single day for months.

So occasionally I point out that I'm ready for the anti Kenny stuff to start a comin.

Again, I should be above that. You post pointed that out well.

It's awesome that your posts have driven people who are merely guests to register just so they can put you on ignore...

Nothing against you personally, Greg, but perhaps it's time to disconnect your head from Ozzie's anus now.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Oct 18, 2011 -> 06:21 AM)
It's awesome that your posts have driven people who are merely guests to register just so they can put you on ignore...

Nothing against you personally, Greg, but perhaps it's time to disconnect your head from Ozzie's anus now.

What can I say? I support Ozzie all the way.

He gave me the only title of my lifetime and probably the only title of my lifetime.

Odds are very slim we'll win one again.