Robin Ventura Named White Sox Manager

Steve9347

Steve,

NBA and MLB are apples and oranges. Im pretty sure that Robin can read stat sheets and make better decisions than Ozzie.

Im pretty sure that in a year or 2 people are going to wonder why they ever questioned Robin. The guy is legit, he just never wanted to be a coach before, otherwise hed have a ton of useless experience.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 6, 2011 -> 05:12 PM)
Should probably give the guy a chance. I've been in just as much of an uproar as anyone at the direction of the organization but we literally know NOTHING about Robin as a manager. I'm very confused by the move but I'm not angry about it, Robin might just be a very bright manager, we have to wait and see.

What makes me angry about it is that he didn't have to put in the time. There are a half dozen other guys who have put in the time and effort to show me that they care about the game, that they've learned how to be a manager, that they're 100% committed to climbing the ladder the right way.

Robin Ventura has absolutely not done that. And it pisses me off that the job is his without even a hint of time spent proving himself.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Oct 6, 2011 -> 05:13 PM)
Steve,

NBA and MLB are apples and oranges. Im pretty sure that Robin can read stat sheets and make better decisions than Ozzie.

Where in his extensive catalogue of managerial experience and decision making are you coming to this conclusion from?

All he has to do is look at the stats and do what the stats tell him to do. He was a great presence in the locker room as a player, a team leader who gained the respect of his teamates. I am excited to see how he does. And, since Ozzie cost us about 15 games last year all he has to do is not be Oz and we're back in the hunt.

QUOTE (flavum @ Oct 6, 2011 -> 05:15 PM)
I hate the national view of Ventura is that he's the guy that got the noogies from Nolan Ryan.

Uh, he had a pretty good career.

Can we send the manager up to hit for Dunn if the bases are loaded?

No I'm not kidding.