Robin Ventura Named White Sox Manager

Steve9347

This is impossible.

It goes with my loving our hirings of former Sox players, though.

I may be a Robin apologist all next year.

This is crazy.

We coulda got Francona and we take Robin. I don't even know what to say/think.

Paulie is more qualified; so is Omar.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Wanne @ Oct 6, 2011 -> 03:56 PM)
I really think I'm gonna go break something...you have got to be s***tin' me?!? WTF happened to the interview process?!?

I'm getting angrier by the second. I'm pretty sure I'm going to do a full boycott in 2012. No going to games, not even watching them on TV.

Who knows if it's a bad move? He's been coaching his daughter's soccer up in Santa Maria (researches record...).

I like that this franchise often does things "out of the box." But that comes with some anxiety.

Hope these guys will listen to him. I wanted someone to come in and kick a little ass. Don't get that vibe from Robin.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Oct 6, 2011 -> 03:06 PM)
SouthPaw is quiet. Southpaw also never managed a team. Maybe we should of interviewed Southpaw.

Speaking of interview process...was there even an interview process with anybody?!?

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 6, 2011 -> 03:50 PM)
Translation: "I was looking for a cheap yes man"

Absolutely.

Hey, we've all been saying for years it's not too difficult to out-manage Ozzie. Someone with zero experience sure fits the bill. Apparently, having any coaching/managing experience is never too big an issue for Reinsdorf teams.

I mean, look at how well it worked out with...

delnegro-vinny-392-cp-0806111.jpg

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Oct 6, 2011 -> 04:11 PM)
Hope these guys will listen to him. I wanted someone to come in and kick a little ass. Don't get that vibe from Robin.

You don't think Rios will kick it into 5th gear after listening to a Ventura pep talk?

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 6, 2011 -> 04:09 PM)
I'm getting angrier by the second. I'm pretty sure I'm going to do a full boycott in 2012. No going to games, not even watching them on TV.

Should probably give the guy a chance. I've been in just as much of an uproar as anyone at the direction of the organization but we literally know NOTHING about Robin as a manager. I'm very confused by the move but I'm not angry about it, Robin might just be a very bright manager, we have to wait and see.

Are you f***ing KIDDING ME?!?! Did Dave Martinez punch Kenny in the face during the interview? Did he even GET an interview????

I was so excited once Ozzie was gone... now I'm FURIOUS!

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 6, 2011 -> 05:11 PM)
Absolutely.

Hey, we've all been saying for years it's not too difficult to out-manage Ozzie. Someone with zero experience sure fits the bill. Apparently, having any coaching/managing experience is never too big an issue for Reinsdorf teams.

I mean, look at how well it worked out with...

delnegro-vinny-392-cp-0806111.jpg

Oh F***.

That's a f***ing perfect f***ing comparison.

Maybe this means in a year and a half we'll make a much better hire.