2012 MLB Catch All thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Jul 9, 2012 -> 12:31 PM)
I disagree when action occurred is relevant, this game is for the FANS and that game was a waste of money for anyone who paid to see it because an ump is a joke. And this has happened before and he wasnt thrown out so stop saying its a no doubt ejection.

I am against star treatment in all sports, and baseball is no exception. Grienke deserved to be ejected had it been 4, 14, 54, or 94 pitches into the game.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Jul 9, 2012 -> 12:31 PM)
I disagree when action occurred is relevant, this game is for the FANS and that game was a waste of money for anyone who paid to see it because an ump is a joke. And this has happened before and he wasnt thrown out so stop saying its a no doubt ejection.

OK, let's let players and managers do whatever the hell they want the first few innings since fans are at the game.

Yeah, great logic. Good luck with that.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jul 9, 2012 -> 01:21 PM)
OK, let's let players and managers do whatever the hell they want the first few innings since fans are at the game.

Yeah, great logic. Good luck with that.

There is a difference between throwing intentional pitches at a guys head or spiking it on the ground... way to be over the top like you always are.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Jul 9, 2012 -> 01:28 PM)
There is a difference between throwing intentional pitches at a guys head or spiking it on the ground... way to be over the top like you always are.

I have no idea what you're talking about at this point.

But in your world, throwing at a guy's head is OK early, you don't want that starter out to ruin the experience for the fans.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jul 9, 2012 -> 01:32 PM)
I have no idea what you're talking about at this point.

But in your world, throwing at a guy's head is OK early, you don't want that starter out to ruin the experience for the fans.

Right because spiking the ball on the ground is the same as endangering a guy's health/career..... Like I said way to be childish and start acting out just because someone disagrees with you.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Jul 9, 2012 -> 01:34 PM)
Right because spiking the ball on the ground is the same as endangering a guy's health/career..... Like I said way to be childish and start acting out just because someone disagrees with you.

It is, as long as it's in the early innings. Can't take a starter out like that with some dumb ump's decision, fans want to see him pitch.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jul 9, 2012 -> 01:36 PM)
It is, as long as it's in the early innings. Can't take a starter out like that with some dumb ump's decision, fans want to see him pitch.

We are talking about spiking the ball, not throwing at a guys head.... it isn't the same. One puts a person in danger one doesn't harm anyone....

On top of that, if Grienke did throw at a guys head the first time chances are he wouldn't get kicked out anyways with how the mlb is, hard to prove it was on purpose.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Jul 9, 2012 -> 01:39 PM)
We are talking about spiking the ball, not throwing at a guys head.... it isn't the same. One puts a person in danger one doesn't harm anyone....

On top of that, if Grienke did throw at a guys head the first time chances are he wouldn't get kicked out anyways with how the mlb is, hard to prove it was on purpose.

It is the same, your whole argument is about WHEN the incident occurs.

Look, if you want to argue that Greinke should never get kicked out for spiking a ball, go ahead and try to make that argument. But if you agree that's an ejection-able offense, it does not matter when the action occurs. Never has, never will. And why should it? A singular umpire-player incident has nothing, and should never have anything, to do with teams, game, standings, fans in the park, etc. It's that simple.

Greinke ended his own game, go be pissed at him.

But I can't wait until you run MLB so you can tell umpires no ejections until after the 3rd inning.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jul 9, 2012 -> 01:44 PM)
It is the same, your whole argument is about WHEN the incident occurs.

Look, if you want to argue that Greinke should never get kicked out for spiking a ball, go ahead and try to make that argument. But if you agree that's an ejection-able offense, it does not matter when the action occurs. Never has, never will. And why should it? A singular umpire-player incident has nothing, and should never have anything, to do with teams, game, standings, fans in the park, etc. It's that simple.

Greinke ended his own game, go be pissed at him.

But I can't wait until you run MLB so you can tell umpires no ejections until after the 3rd inning.

Well I guess I care about the fans you care about the Umps that is the difference. I think early in the game they should show some leeway and remember fans pay money to see the players not the umps. As for spiking the ball it depends, if he did it out of frustration for something his fault I don't see a reason for it to be an ejection, if he threw it at the ground at the ump and started cussing him out that is a different story.

The key is in the bolded, going headhunting intentionally is past that point and you know that wasn't my point at all.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jul 9, 2012 -> 01:53 PM)
Fans pay money to see a game. What happens when they are there is not guaranteed.

Greinke should remember that they are there to see him pitch, not throw tempter tantrums and get ejected.

The ump should remember the fans are there to see the players and not throw out a guy for something so small... see I can do that too

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Jul 9, 2012 -> 01:57 PM)
The ump should remember the fans are there to see the players and not throw out a guy for something so small... see I can do that too

Too bad Greinke's action caused the ejection.

That wasn't small. That was as easy an ejection as you'll get.

An umpire's job is to call and manage the game. Doesn't matter teams, inning, player. The end.

Again, please write Selig to say that no ejections should happen in the first 3 innings.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jul 9, 2012 -> 02:04 PM)
Too bad Greinke's action caused the ejection.

That wasn't small. That was as easy an ejection as you'll get.

An umpire's job is to call and manage the game. Doesn't matter teams, inning, player. The end.

Again, please write Selig to say that no ejections should happen in the first 3 innings.

Again, that is not what I said... but disagreeing with you is like arguing with a brick wall and anyone in the college basketball forums would agree.... so I'm done.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Jul 9, 2012 -> 02:13 PM)
Again, that is not what I said... but disagreeing with you is like arguing with a brick wall and anyone in the college basketball forums would agree.... so I'm done.

Actually, it is what you are saying. Maybe you aren't sure what your argument is anymore.

Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan

Going to discuss the possibility of NL/DH and AL/pitchers hitting with Joe Torre this offseason. That makes chances of it happening good.

Bud Selig says he likes the idea of using the DH in NL parks and the pitcher hitting in AL parks during interleague games.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 10, 2012 -> 12:30 PM)
paul hoynes ‏@hoynsie

Weiner says there is a possibility of in-season blood testing as soon 2013. Now testing done in ST and random offseason testing.

Somewhere in Kansas City, Jose Bautista just felt a sudden chill down his spine

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 10, 2012 -> 12:37 PM)
Jerry Crasnick ‏@jcrasnick

Bud Selig says it's "inexcusable" that Rays rank 29th in the majors in attendance.

So move them. Simple as that.

Either get them in a new park where it's safer and more accessible, or move them to a city that can support them.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 10, 2012 -> 12:34 PM)
Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan

Going to discuss the possibility of NL/DH and AL/pitchers hitting with Joe Torre this offseason. That makes chances of it happening good.

Bud Selig says he likes the idea of using the DH in NL parks and the pitcher hitting in AL parks during interleague games.

That's one of the stupidest things I have ever heard. Go away Bud Selig.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 10, 2012 -> 01:41 PM)

Either get them in a new park where it's safer and more accessible, or move them to a city that can support them.

Yeah, they need a nice ballpark like Cleveland, so that when they have a team 3 games out of the lead in their division, they won't be 29th in MLB in attendance.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 10, 2012 -> 12:41 PM)

It brings chills to my spine to think of how close it was to being the White Sox.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 10, 2012 -> 12:34 PM)
Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan

If they're going to do anything different, they should make the middle game of each 3-game interleague series the opposite league's rules. That way a DH doesn't sit for 3 days straight, and if they have back-to-back series in NL parks, it won't be a full week of sitting.

On the larger issue if they should have same rule, either all DH or neither, it should be DH in both. Pitching is so specialized now, even with younger players. The investment in pitching is bigger than ever to risk injury hitting. And pitchers just can't hit well, and it's bad for entertainment. To those who cite the "strategy" of NL baseball, you'll get over it, and the younger fans will never miss what they never had after a couple years.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 10, 2012 -> 12:42 PM)
Yeah, they need a nice ballpark like Cleveland, so that when they have a team 3 games out of the lead in their division, they won't be 29th in MLB in attendance.

Cleveland did set an attendance record for like 13 seasons after they got their new ballpark. But when it fell off, it fell off a cliff