2012 MLB Catch All thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 7, 2012 -> 09:53 PM)
Dumb ump alert...Grienke ejected in first before recording an out for spiking the baseball.

Umps need common sense.

Ha, the poor scouts who flew there to watch him pitch.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 7, 2012 -> 03:53 PM)
Dumb ump alert...Grienke ejected in first before recording an out for spiking the baseball.

Umps need common sense.

That was an easy ejection. Show up an umpire by SPIKING a baseball?

LOL if you think that's on an ump.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jul 8, 2012 -> 06:58 PM)
That was an easy ejection. Show up an umpire by SPIKING a baseball?

LOL if you think that's on an ump.

I think vast majority think that's an ump over-reacting. He was frustrated spiked the ball it was the first inning... not only did you screw that team into a loss most likely you screwed 30k fans out of a competitive game....

At worse he should of said any more actups even small he'd get thrown out.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Jul 8, 2012 -> 07:22 PM)
I think vast majority think that's an ump over-reacting. He was frustrated spiked the ball it was the first inning... not only did you screw that team into a loss most likely you screwed 30k fans out of a competitive game....

At worse he should of said any more actups even small he'd get thrown out.

Then the majority are clueless. It doesn't matter when the act takes place, it's the act that matters.

You don't show up an umpire in that fashion and stay in the game. I don't care if you're the #1 starter and it's the first inning, or you are a mop up guy in the ninth in a blowout. Unacceptable regardless of situation. That is an easy ejection, there isn't one umpire from HS on up that wouldn't give him the boot there. I actually laughed when I saw it, knowing it was an instant ejection. Just stupidity on Greinke's part.

He could have said something, he could have yelled, all would have likely kept him in the game. Spiking a ball? Your game is over.

Greinke is a weird dude. I do think he was just mad at himself. He didn't say anything, and his back was turned to the ump, so yes, it was a risky act that he should have known could get him kicked out, but the ump acted too impulsively.

I don't blame the ump for tossing him in the moment, but I don't blame the Brewers for being mad about it.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jul 8, 2012 -> 07:43 PM)
Then the majority are clueless. It doesn't matter when the act takes place, it's the act that matters.

You don't show up an umpire in that fashion and stay in the game. I don't care if you're the #1 starter and it's the first inning, or you are a mop up guy in the ninth in a blowout. Unacceptable regardless of situation. That is an easy ejection, there isn't one umpire from HS on up that wouldn't give him the boot there. I actually laughed when I saw it, knowing it was an instant ejection. Just stupidity on Greinke's part.

He could have said something, he could have yelled, all would have likely kept him in the game. Spiking a ball? Your game is over.

He spiked a ball last year and didn't get kicked out, you don't screw over the fans that paid tickets to see a competitive game over something so dumb. People don't pay tickets to see the ump throw out the starter before he records an out, you give him a warning let him know s*** wont fly and continue on the game. It would be similar to kicking Lebron/Rose out of a game if they slammed the ball on the ground out of frustration in the first minute... all they would get is a technical not thrown out.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Jul 8, 2012 -> 11:23 PM)
He spiked a ball last year and didn't get kicked out, you don't screw over the fans that paid tickets to see a competitive game over something so dumb. People don't pay tickets to see the ump throw out the starter before he records an out, you give him a warning let him know s*** wont fly and continue on the game. It would be similar to kicking Lebron/Rose out of a game if they slammed the ball on the ground out of frustration in the first minute... all they would get is a technical not thrown out.

Again, you're missing the point. When the action occurred is irrelevant.

"You know what, I should throw this guy out, but since it's only the first inning, play on!"

You show up an umpire in that ridiculous fashion, you're done. It's not even a question.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jul 9, 2012 -> 09:19 AM)
Again, you're missing the point. When the action occurred is irrelevant.

"You know what, I should throw this guy out, but since it's only the first inning, play on!"

You show up an umpire in that ridiculous fashion, you're done. It's not even a question.

I disagree when action occurred is relevant, this game is for the FANS and that game was a waste of money for anyone who paid to see it because an ump is a joke. And this has happened before and he wasnt thrown out so stop saying its a no doubt ejection.