2012 MLB Catch All thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jun 22, 2012 -> 02:28 PM)
I understand the rationale behind the rule--FOX has paid a lot of money to have exclusivity in their time slot. I just think there has to be a solution out there that gives FOX (or whomever succeeds them) what they want without blacking games out.

Great. I'd be happy to watch one of the other games Fox is broadcasting, as opposed to not watching baseball at all. I'm already paying $200 for the package, I will keep doing that, just put all 3 Fox feeds on the DirecTV MLB channels and let me pick. Otherwise, I usually don't watch.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 22, 2012 -> 12:50 PM)
Great. I'd be happy to watch one of the other games Fox is broadcasting, as opposed to not watching baseball at all. I'm already paying $200 for the package, I will keep doing that, just put all 3 Fox feeds on the DirecTV MLB channels and let me pick. Otherwise, I usually don't watch.

I think if you buy the Extra Innings package, which is a premium-priced package that already heavily benefits MLB (they do get the lion's share of the revenues) that I should not have to deal with blackout rules. I am paying $200 for every game, so why not show me every game?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 23, 2012 -> 07:02 PM)
13th career walk of home run for a guy named Jim Thome. Passing a guy named "Babe Ruth" for most in major league baseball history.

'Bout time he produced in the clutch.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 23, 2012 -> 07:02 PM)
13th career walk of home run for a guy named Jim Thome. Passing a guy named "Babe Ruth" for most in major league baseball history.

Awesome. Good for him. Thanks for choosing Kotsay Oz.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 02:15 PM)
Marlon Byrd, current FA, suspended 50 games.

Victor Conte says hello.

Ya know, I don't really want to continue to hate on the Tribune since they don't own the Cubs any longer, but.........If you read the headline in the Tribune it just reads Marlon Byrd suspended.... It doesn't mention his Cub connection until you open up the article. If it was a former Sox player it would very clearly state Former White Sox player XXXXXX suspended....... No matter how briefly or long ago he played here.

Not sayin, I'm just sayin.

Edited by balfanman

Sergio Santos? Still hurt. Right shoulder inflammation has kept him out 2 months (hmm)

Daniel Hudson? Shelled yet again and now re-hurt, going for MRI

Mike Sirotka? Think he's hurt too.

Kenny? A trader