2012 MLB Catch All thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 29, 2012 -> 04:19 PM)
Bauer got hurt.

Dbacks have now also recalled Archie Bradley. 2 of their top 3 prospects called up this week.

Really? I can't believe Bradley is ready. You sure?

I know everywhere one turns, you get a prospect rankings team-by-team, or an organizational ranking......but how about something that is specifically a "young MLB players" rankings list? Prospect rankings are mercurial, but the Sox would do better in a list that would consider already-on-the-majors young talent. And it's a list I'd care about.

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Jun 30, 2012 -> 09:12 AM)
I know everywhere one turns, you get a prospect rankings team-by-team, or an organizational ranking......but how about something that is specifically a "young MLB players" rankings list? Prospect rankings are mercurial, but the Sox would do better in a list that would consider already-on-the-majors young talent. And it's a list I'd care about.

Most farm system rankings are heavily influenced by SP and position players, which are two areas where the White Sox haven't had a lot of flash recently. Most of our really good "stuff" arms have been BP arms, so that's most likely why we're not seeing any kind of recognition despite the fact that we are getting some big contributions from the farm system.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 30, 2012 -> 02:37 PM)
White Soxman

Breaking News: Former #WhiteSox 1B\OF Carlos Lee has been traded to the #Dodgers. Lee has veto rights so we will see if he accepts. #Astros

I doubt El Caballo wants to leave his caballos in Houston, even for a couple months