2012 MLB Catch All thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 11, 2012 -> 11:50 AM)
Lets also remember, that If the NL added the DH, the overall quality of the position would be drastically reduced. It isn't like there are 15 really good hitters rotting away on major league benches/minor leagues.

Currently the really good hitters are sitting at first base and left field. What it means is that Ryan Braun can be a DH and someone else gets a shot.

Verlander is dating Kate Upton? This world sucks

During the ASG last night, my wife picked this up off twitter. I had to try to explain to her who Kate Upton was without getting myself into trouble. It wasn't easy.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jul 11, 2012 -> 03:07 PM)
During the ASG last night, my wife picked this up off twitter. I had to try to explain to her who Kate Upton was without getting myself into trouble. It wasn't easy.

"So, Kate Upton is....ummm....well....shehasbigtitsandisblondeanddoesthedougie. K?"

Hopefully last night was a sign that having those big ol' boobies in his face every night is gonna hurt his pitching ability & concentration.

I'm 100% certain it wouldn't hurt my concentration, and you're welcome to try to prove me wrong.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jul 11, 2012 -> 03:11 PM)
I'm 100% certain it wouldn't hurt my concentration, and you're welcome to try to prove me wrong.

So you are telling me that you wouldnt be thinking about that body 100 percent of the time? I know I would be

Im also hoping his stamina is affected :D

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jul 11, 2012 -> 03:11 PM)

Well depends on what you are trying to concentrate on.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jul 11, 2012 -> 03:28 PM)
You guys are focusing too much on the first half of my statement and not the second half. I made an outrageous claim, and I'm waiting to be proven wrong.

did you take greg pills today?

did you take greg pills today?

No, you're missing the point. The original statement was that Kate Upton's boobs in his face would ruin his concentration. I'm claiming it wouldn't, and the only way to prove me wrong is to rub her boobs in my face to see how it affects my concentration.

Get it now?

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jul 11, 2012 -> 03:36 PM)
No, you're missing the point. The original statement was that Kate Upton's boobs in his face would ruin his concentration. I'm claiming it wouldn't, and the only way to prove me wrong is to rub her boobs in my face to see how it affects my concentration.

Get it now?

Oh I get it, but you will never get that

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 13, 2012 -> 10:00 AM)
Tonight Zack Greinke will be the first pitcher to start 3 straight games in the same MLB season since Red Faber in 1917 for your Chicago White Sox.

I think Red managed to do it within 48 hours. Although the second game he started he only went 1.1 innings and gave up 4 ER.

Edited by Iwritecode

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 13, 2012 -> 04:18 PM)
Washington signed Lucas Giolito. Scary.

Yeah that's another nice get for that great system. My girlfriend is a Pirates fan from Pittsburgh and I follow them a little closer than most teams. They could not come to terms with Stanford RHP Mark Appel today. They offered the $3.8 million that they had available. With all of the issues that came out with Appel, I'm not sure going back was a smart move. Next year's draft is weaker than this years but he has to go top 5 to make more coin than that. Pittsburgh gets 2 1st rounders next year, but man Cole-Taillon-Appel would have been nice for them.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/appel-spurns-...20805--mlb.html

More on the Pirates' situation. Boras better hope he doesn't get hurt. Not sure how much he cares, except for his commission.

A loss for baseball, as a franchise likes the Pirates can't afford to lose out on a frontline starter...putting a bit of a damper on a feel-good season so far.

BTW, Tigers are looking at the Marlins' Omar Infante to play 2B everyday...

Edited by caulfield12