2012 MLB Catch All thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Sep 28, 2012 -> 10:09 PM)
I'm with J4L. No hitters are becoming less and less impressive.

They are too me. As for perfect games, I hope another Sox pitcher never throws one again. It's a jinx.

I could see them becoming more common in the NL since the best hitters are coming over to the AL.

The New Kids of October, the surprise teams: Nats, Orioles, and A's.... Who's for real and who is just gonna choke under the spotlight?

My guess would be the O's, because I couldn't for the life of me, tell you one starter on that team. They don't have any sort of an ace to take them through the playoffs at all.

The A's have a pretty horrible offense, but great pitching. I can see them getting at least to the ALDS (unless they actually catch Texas -- then maybe to the ALCS) but that lack of offensive production is gonna catch up with them.

The Nats will miss Stras in October for sure, but they have the most balanced of these three teams. I can see them in the NLCS taking Cincy to the limit, but again the lack of Stras will be their downfall in my opinion. But Damn would I love to see them in the Series.

Nats and Reds are my two favorite NL teams. Not sure who I'm rooting for if they meet up. I guess maybe the Nats since DC has never won one before, but then if the Reds win it would be the first time I have been "local" to a WS winner.

Reds 5 starting pitchers combined for 161 starts. They used a minor leaguer for a double header in August.

I've never seen that before, and it has to be a record.

BTW, the Sox used 12 different starting pitchers.

edit: Giants 5 starters combined for 160 starts. Also incredible.

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (flavum @ Oct 4, 2012 -> 12:47 PM)
Reds 5 starting pitchers combined for 161 starts. They used a minor leaguer for a double header in August.

I've never seen that before, and it has to be a record.

BTW, the Sox used 12 different starting pitchers.

edit: Giants 5 starters combined for 160 starts. Also incredible.

2008 we got 153 out of our five. 2005 it was 152, but only 6 starters with Bmac getting the other 10 starts.

• 3 weeks later...

3-way trade between Marlins, A's, and D-Backs.

Heath Bell and Cliff Pennington to Arizona, Chris Young to Oakland. Miami gets Yordy Cabrera

I think it's a rule that every former White Sox prospect that goes to Arizona must then end up in Oakland.

Marlins...would it surprise anyone if Buehrle was on a different team next year?

Edited by flavum