2012 MLB Catch All thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flavum @ Sep 14, 2012 -> 06:42 PM)
Pirates were 63-47. Now 72-71.

That's 9-24 in the last 33.

Poor Pittsburgh.

That 3-7 record vs. the powerhouse Cubs since the All-Star Break hasn't helped. In July, the Cubs won 2 of 3 in Pittsburgh, lost 16 of their next 17 road games, then swept Pittsburgh at PNC Park.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Sep 15, 2012 -> 08:59 PM)
Angels with a crushing loss tonight, as Greinke gives them 8.1 inning of shutout baseball, Frieri comes in to lose the game.

Hmm...I thought good teams never had closer problems

Yunel Escobar has always been a controversial player, though the source of the public's angst has mostly been derived from the difference between expectations and actual production.

The Toronto Blue Jays shortstop, however, finds himself in a bit of hot water as it has been pointed out that Escobar took the field on Saturday with a gay slur printed in Spanish on his eye black. The "tu ere maricon" (sic) can be translated to "you are a f----t" and was first pointed out by @james_in_to_, a Jays fan who took a similar picture from behind the Toronto dugout.

Link

QUOTE (Cali @ Sep 18, 2012 -> 02:38 AM)
Dodgers 8-13 since the big trade, losing 4.5 games in the standings to SF. A-Gon hit a homer in his first AB as a Dodger and hasn't hit once since. Love it haha. The baseball gods can be fickle...

I can't believe trading for big contracts of underperforming players from a 4th place team hasn't helped them as much yet.

QUOTE (flavum @ Sep 12, 2012 -> 03:05 PM)
I'm sorry, but a team that sucked that bad for that long in the first half shouldn't be in the playoffs. The NL is such a joke. This is the one year I really hope the Braves win that game to get the four best teams in the playoffs. Even the Pirates...it would be cool, but they suck.

That team that sucked so bad was without Howard and Utley, they had a reason.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 18, 2012 -> 09:47 PM)
so it is common for Ozzie to call his kids f**s. Interesting

To him, f** = dude or bro.

Ozzie just likes substituting slurs for everyday words.

Although, IDK why he'd call his kids bro. They're his kids...

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Sep 19, 2012 -> 02:17 AM)
So Ozzie and Mariotti were bros all along. Makes perfect sense.

:lolhitting

Though seriously, Ozzie, please stop. I want to see you have a good managerial career again. At this rate, you won't have a job in two years.