2012 MLB Catch All thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Aug 25, 2012 -> 09:40 AM)
Troy Renck, Rockies ‏@TroyRenck

RT @Buster_ESPN Astros say they're open to having Clemens pitch for them at age 50, but not as a stunt

If he does come back to pitch. He would have played in 4 decades.

If he comes back to pitch it is a stunt. Roger Clemens has and apparently is continuing to turn a HOF career into a sad, pathetic joke.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Aug 25, 2012 -> 09:40 AM)

RT @Buster_ESPN Astros say they're open to having Clemens pitch for them at age 50, but not as a stunt

If he does come back to pitch. He would have played in 4 decades.

With how bad that team is, how is it anything but a stunt?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 25, 2012 -> 09:51 AM)
Mark Grace to take a leave of absence after his second recent DUI

He got pulled over for expired tags...obviously Grace isn't the sharpest tool in the shed.

Authorities said Grace was driving his vehicle with a suspended license and without an interlock device, as was required because of a previous DUI in Scottsdale on May 30, 2011.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/sports/diamondbac...l#ixzz24Zpd1hNe

Grace might have to do some time. I realize it's not what you know, it's who you know, but some states are getting tough on multiple DUI offenders. At the very least he'll have his license taken away automatically and if he's caught driving again he'll be going to jail.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 26, 2012 -> 01:56 AM)
Grace might have to do some time. I realize it's not what you know, it's who you know, but some states are getting tough on multiple DUI offenders. At the very least he'll have his license taken away automatically and if he's caught driving again he'll be going to jail.

I believe that in Arizona, even a single DUI sends you to jail for a few days. Even Barkley served a couple days when he got busted.

Never really realized this before, but Tim Hudson has really put together a hell of a solid career. Always in double digits in wins, mid-3 ERA. When he was part of the big three in Oakland, I always put him behind Mulder and Zito, and he's proven to have a better career than those two combined and seems to have gotten better since he left.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 26, 2012 -> 11:57 PM)
http://deadspin.com/kansas-city-royals/

Greg775 behind this letter? Possible, but doubtful. It would have had to include praise for the beating the first place White Sox 8 of 12 times this season.

Why are u so obsessed with the fact I'm incensed the Royals are kicking our ass when they can't beat anybody else? Sox are 4-8 vs. KC. If that goes up to 4-14 we will not make the playoffs.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 27, 2012 -> 05:23 PM)
Why are u so obsessed with the fact I'm incensed the Royals are kicking our ass when they can't beat anybody else? Sox are 4-8 vs. KC. If that goes up to 4-14 we will not make the playoffs.

Every team loses games they aren't supposed too, we won 7 of 8 vs Mariners... I'm pretty sure the Tigers have a losing record against them. Saying "We can't keep losing to a s***ty team" isn't telling anyone something they don't know.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Aug 27, 2012 -> 05:38 PM)
Every team loses games they aren't supposed too, we won 7 of 8 vs Mariners... I'm pretty sure the Tigers have a losing record against them. Saying "We can't keep losing to a s***ty team" isn't telling anyone something they don't know.

Sox went 8-1 vs. Seattle while Detroit went 1-5. And Kansas City has a winning record against Tampa, Oakland, & Texas.

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Aug 25, 2012 -> 08:40 AM)

I'm all for this. Put him in situations where he'll get destroyed very spectacularly and very publicly. Seeing some variation of (Bottle)Rocket as a headline the day after he gives up 9 ER in 1.2 IP would be pure.

I posted that the Sox go to Philadelphia next July right before the break, but the overall breakdown looks to be this:

19 games vs your 4 division teams (76 games)

6 games vs 4 league opponents

7 games vs 6 league opponents

33 total games vs the other two divisions (66 games)

The Sox and Cubs will play 2 home/2 away as a 4-game series.

Sox play the NL East---one of which will be 2 home and 2 away. The other 4 will be 3-game series. (20 interleague games)

Opening Day will be Monday, April 1, and the season will end Sunday, September 29. So we're back to the season ending on Sunday, instead of mid-week. Expect more off days during the postseason as safety nets for tie-breakers and rainouts. It's going to suck.

Edited by flavum

I was so excited for Cincy last time they made the playoffs, always like seeing new teams getting in, then Roy Halladay happened and they were gone in an instant. I hope they have a better showing this year...

HAHAHAHA. How slow is Miggy? He just hit in to a game-ending DP on a ball that the Royals SS JUMPED OVER the runner, landed, and THEN threw to 1st and still got Cabrera. I thought when he didn't make the throw mid-air, he abandoned the throw, but then he lands, fires, and ends the game. Hilarious.

And props to Lorenzo Cain for making a great diving catch in CF with 0 outs in the 9th and Austin Jackson on 1st.