Cowley: Bridges need to be rebuilt.

justBLAZE

175 posts for a Cowley column. The front office should pay the Sun Times to keep him employed. And I hope Coop knows to keep playing the game with Cowley, it is the best pr that a pitching coach could ever hope for. The more Cowley attacks Cooper the more his legend grows with Sox fans.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 15, 2011 -> 07:13 PM)
That's a great point. Thornton is probably selling cars if Cooper didn't fix him. If he did pop off, and we really have no idea, everyone thought the veteran who wanted to go if the Sox went young was AJ and he said no, or Peavy, and he and Cowley don't seem to have the same story, so that's doubtful, its weak sauce.

I really think its probably a made up quote, but what a classy thing to do on twitter, rip Gonzo, the beat writer who is better than Cowley ever could be.

My opinion is the unnamed pitcher was Buehrle because it wasn't prefaced by "White Sox pitcher" and he was not happy with the way Coop was conducting business in he last year of his contract. Buehrle was in the same boat. One other thing, Gonzo is a real good guy, but I never learn anything I did not know before reading his stories.

QUOTE (Tex @ Dec 16, 2011 -> 06:19 AM)
175 posts for a Cowley column. The front office should pay the Sun Times to keep him employed. And I hope Coop knows to keep playing the game with Cowley, it is the best pr that a pitching coach could ever hope for. The more Cowley attacks Cooper the more his legend grows with Sox fans.

The last time this happened, Mariotti was out of town very quickly because his ego took over. Hopefully his protege in stupidity follows.

QUOTE (Tex @ Dec 16, 2011 -> 01:19 PM)

I think it is a commie pinko conspiracy :lolhitting

Blaze, why is Chicago considered a Cub's town? The more people are talking about the Sox, the easier Brook Broyer's job is. Cowley says something negative and Sox fans circle the wagons like pioneers. The talk helps sell tickets and keeps the team from being forgotten under all the Bears, Bulls, and Hawk talk.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Dec 18, 2011 -> 11:30 PM)
That piece, once again, paints Coop as a creep.

Don't kill the messenger. Just the take I got from reading it.

s***, Danks is on the record in the story.

I'm guessing you didn't read through the whole thread.

It's been established that the most damaging quote/s in the story didn't come from Danks OR Peavy, but, with a journalistic sleight of hand that painted both with the brush of a conspiracy which has since been debunked.

Ozzie was "letting them all sweat," the coaching staff, so if you were one of his coaches, and had been a part of the White Sox organization much longer than Ozzie, wouldn't you be a little concerned about your future as well?

If anything Ozzie sealing himself off from the contract negotiations of the rest of the coaches only exacerbated the negative environment that festered. It's like he was leaving the Titanic, but telling his coaching staff to go down with the ship as he was paddling away for his Florida jackpot.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Dec 18, 2011 -> 10:43 PM)

It's been established that the most damaging quote/s in the story didn't come from Danks OR Peavy, but, with a journalistic sleight of hand that painted both with the brush of a conspiracy which has since been debunked.

Ozzie was "letting them all sweat," the coaching staff, so if you were one of his coaches, and had been a part of the White Sox organization much longer than Ozzie, wouldn't you be a little concerned about your future as well?

If anything Ozzie sealing himself off from the contract negotiations of the rest of the coaches only exacerbated the negative environment that festered. It's like he was leaving the Titanic, but telling his coaching staff to go down with the ship as he was paddling away for his Florida jackpot.

Great analogy.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Dec 18, 2011 -> 10:43 PM)

I wonder how Jeff Cox feels about "remaining loyal" right now? Can we look forward to a Jay Cowardly article on that?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 19, 2011 -> 10:56 AM)
I thought about Walker too, but at least got another job. Last I knew Cox was interviewing for minor league jobs.

That's why I figured you left him out, but if he was one of Ozzie's guys, you would think he'd have brought him to Miami with him.

Perhaps he's making Cox sweat?

That sounds very dirty.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Dec 19, 2011 -> 10:58 AM)
That's why I figured you left him out, but if he was one of Ozzie's guys, you would think he'd have brought him to Miami with him.

Perhaps he's making Cox sweat?

That sounds very dirty.

Very true. Especially because he went to bat for him multiple times with the media. But the point is still the same. How about the article about the guys who got screwed for being loyal?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 19, 2011 -> 11:00 AM)
Very true. Especially because he went to bat for him multiple times with the media. But the point is still the same. How about the article about the guys who got screwed for being loyal?

Maybe another one of the writers will pick it up. Perhaps somebody should email one or more of them to bring it up.

And no love for the Cox sweat innuendo?

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Dec 19, 2011 -> 11:02 AM)
Maybe another one of the writers will pick it up. Perhaps somebody should email one or more of them to bring it up.

And no love for the Cox sweat innuendo?

Nobody pays more attention to Cox sweating than you Milkman. Nobody