2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 21, 2012 -> 12:30 AM)
It was a joke, Hubie Brown (I think that is who was announcing) said that Del Negro called a good time out. I was joking about how his team is always falling apart.

Hubie Brown is an absolutely horrid announcer. He made a number of moronic comments throughout the night.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 21, 2012 -> 12:30 AM)
It was a joke, Hubie Brown (I think that is who was announcing) said that Del Negro called a good time out. I was joking about how his team is always falling apart.

And I do love to hate, its pretty fun.

Oh, and obviously I knew you were being sarcastic about VDN. Honestly, he might be more basketball stupid than J4"knicksrtight"L.

Never have truer words ever come out of a superstar's mouth (well the 1st 2 sentences at least);

You can't compare our team to Denver's team, Anthony said. They got five starters from that trade. Denver's a hell of a team.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 21, 2012 -> 12:37 AM)
I really only like a few basketball announcers, Charles Barkley, Stacey King, you know the classics.

Barkley has never been classified as an announcer, and Stacey is parodying himself at this point.

The panel would like to know where the f*** Marv Albert is...

Also, Tom Dore and the FUNK want to call you a f***face.

Sh*t. As much as I enjoy Chuck in studio, Red Kerr's ghost wants to hit you in the head with a baseball bat for bringing up in-game announcing and mentioning Prince Charles over him.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Jan 21, 2012 -> 01:50 AM)
Am I missing something, or was there not even a single post about the Cavs and Bulls game tonight. I know D Rose wasn't playing, but a 40 point ass whooping of the Cavs is still pretty awesome.

It was an awesome asswhoopin to watch, but I felt like I was watching MJ era Team USA vs Lithuania. It was almost embarrassing to be proud of that win.

For anyone who missed the whole sequence. Very entertaining game (especially on national television) and teams. Adelman is a very good X's and O's guy. (always has been) Told Felix before he was a terrific hire, especially for Rubio's development.

QUOTE (Felix @ Jan 21, 2012 -> 01:54 PM)
Everyone knew Adelman was a terrific hire. He's one of the better coaches in the league.

There were some who questioned it with his specific philosophy, but I call them misinformed people. Almost anyone was better than Rambis (especially with his triangle offense) in many people's eyes anyway.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Jan 21, 2012 -> 01:50 AM)
Am I missing something, or was there not even a single post about the Cavs and Bulls game tonight. I know D Rose wasn't playing, but a 40 point ass whooping of the Cavs is still pretty awesome.

I commented on the BULLS/Cavs:

"In BULLS news, it seems like Boozer & Noah are communicating much more effectively of late. Haven't seen the usual wrestling for a rebound that eventually gets knocked out of bounds 'cause nobody called GOT IT. Yay for energy, boards, wins, and healing time for D.ROSE!"

Battled through 2.5 hours in the snow to get to my place 4 mins before tip. THAT'S dedication. lol

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jan 21, 2012 -> 12:02 PM)
There were some who questioned it with his specific philosophy, but I call them misinformed people. Almost anyone was better than Rambis (especially with his triangle offense) in many people's eyes anyway.

If only the Clippers had a legitimate coach. Sterling is a total moron, plus he's racist, so I'm sure that will never happen.