2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Figures the one Bucks game I watch Leuer plays the way I always imagined he could in the NBA. Hes the first guy in the NBA that Ive really seen play in 100+ games in college. I was going to say earlier its criminal Skiles isnt giving him a chance with such a terrible team.

And Ventura sighting and Ozzie???????

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 27, 2012 -> 06:17 PM)
He hasn't "earned" anything. Or if becoming a worse player while still being a lousy defender after signing a fat contract is acceptable, yes, he's earned it.

Boozer is who he is, a pretty efficient offensive player, good passer and rebounder, terrible on-ball defender who is slow on rotations. It's not really his fault Bulls fans seem to want him to be 5 years ago Kevin Garnett and he's not. I mean I get why people don't like the fact that his contract is so big, but he was basically the best the Bulls could do in that offseason when it was clear the Bulls were going to strike out on the LeBron debacle. It isn't like they could've gotten Stoudamire or Joe Johnson (speaking of guys who are overpaid, holy s***).

So, as a result Boozer ends up being a scapegoat who takes a lot of unwarranted criticism... example, people like to point to Boozer as the main reason the Bulls couldn't get by the Heat, but Noah disappeared too, and his disappearance was probably more complete

Edited by lostfan

Complaining about contracts in the middle of the season is useless, just people finding something (ANYTHING!) to b**** about. Boozer has been much better this year than he was last year, I get the feeling nobody will ever be content with his level of play though at this point.

Noah is turning it around too.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 27, 2012 -> 07:36 PM)
What the hell happened to Brandon Jennings? He's, like, good.

He went back to being bad in the second half.

He and Stephen Jackson are terrible chuckers sometimes. Wait, Jackson's a terrible chucker all the time.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jan 27, 2012 -> 10:49 PM)

He and Stephen Jackson are terrible chuckers sometimes. Wait, Jackson's a terrible chucker all the time.

True. But Jennings has been pretty good all year. I wasn't referring to just the first quarter tonight. Can't wait for Sunday. A f***ing real team for the first time in weeks. We'll get to see how good this Bulls team (at this point in time) really is.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 27, 2012 -> 11:05 PM)
True. But Jennings has been pretty good all year. I wasn't referring to just the first quarter tonight. Can't wait for Sunday. A f***ing real team for the first time in weeks. We'll get to see how good this Bulls team (at this point in time) really is.

Indiana is a very real team.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jan 27, 2012 -> 11:09 PM)
They're nothing special though. I feel like they're like the 06-07 Bulls.

Considering the Bulls have played Toronto, Phoenix, Cleveland, Charlotte, New Jersey and Milwaukee in the last two weeks, the Pacers look like the Miami Heat.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jan 27, 2012 -> 11:49 PM)

Skiles took Jennings out of his rhythm by sitting him on the bench so long after he got off to that ridiculous start. If you are the Bucks and you have a player rolling like that against the Bulls why not ride him until he stops making shots?

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jan 28, 2012 -> 12:18 PM)
Skiles took Jennings out of his rhythm by sitting him on the bench so long after he got off to that ridiculous start. If you are the Bucks and you have a player rolling like that against the Bulls why not ride him until he stops making shots?

knowing Skiles, he probably wasnt too happy with the way Jennings was going about his shot selection. Jennings was hot, but his shot selection was atrocious, he was nailing fadeaway three pointers. Skiles hates when players play like that, he was probably trying to send a message.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 28, 2012 -> 11:21 AM)
When the Bulls play the Heat Deng usually guards Lebron, Wade was left for Brewer or Bogans.

My guess is that Brewer starts on Lebron and Rip/Rose guard Wade.

If Rip isnt still hurt

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 29, 2012 -> 12:23 PM)
I have great want for a Bulls victory on this glorious Sunday.

I just wish the Bulls were at full strength but winning w/o Deng would be even sweeter.

Edited by Brian