2012 TV Thread

knightni

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Feb 15, 2012 -> 08:52 AM)
Anyone still watching Alcatraz or The River? I thought both this week were pretty meh, though I'll give props to The River for creating some genuinely tense moments.

re: Alcatraz, the whole land mine thing at the end made no sense. If he was able to get off the thing (probably impossible) with just sticking a knife on it, why not go get a bunch of heavy weights and put it on the knife, then run away? Hell, the defuser guy had enough time to take it apart, cut some wires, and hold it up in the air before he was blown to bits. You're telling me he could haven't done the same thing but run away in time to not be killed? Pretty dumb. And i'm still not sure how/why Big Boobs and Hurley show up at every crime scene in the city under the assumption it's a case for them.

To the first part, you can't just leave a bomb on the beach.

The the last part, if bombs were going off in the city, odds are pretty good it is one of your guys.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 16, 2012 -> 07:57 AM)
So what? Put a brick on a string to hold down the pressure switch, run like hell, pull brick off once everyone is at a safe distance.

Yeah that's what I was getting at. They could have safely detonated it. Pick it up, cut the wire and throw the thing into the ocean. My wife seems to think the defuser guy was just being cocky. But that's still pretty weak and unbelievable.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Feb 16, 2012 -> 11:04 AM)
Yeah that's what I was getting at. They could have safely detonated it. Pick it up, cut the wire and throw the thing into the ocean. My wife seems to think the defuser guy was just being cocky. But that's still pretty weak and unbelievable.

I don't know any bomb squad guys personally, but I'm guessing that it's one of those professions where you never act cocky while doing it.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Feb 16, 2012 -> 02:35 PM)
I wonder what happened.

The WSJ has suggested it was a personal family emergency for Mr. Colbert. As he has kept his family quite private despite his public face, I wouldn't be shocked if that's the last detail we got.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 16, 2012 -> 05:45 PM)
"Community" has cast Giancarlo Esposito — aka Gustavo "The Chicken Man" Fring from the last few seasons of "Breaking Bad" — in an upcoming episode.

http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/whats-alan-wat...o-to-guest-star

Niiiiiiiiiiiiice. I thought Community was cancelled though? I've always wanted to watch that show, mainly because of Chevy Chase and because I love Childish Gambino aka. Donald Glover's music.

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 16, 2012 -> 04:42 AM)
Ditto. I got home around 9:30 from work and figured I would just watch it today.

While I was home yesterday afternoon, I couldn't stop watching Friend Zone on MTV. It was so bad but I loved watching these people profess their love for their opposite sex best friends and getting shot down. I went through that when I was young and want them to feel the pain I experienced. :P

Pretty sure that's a rite of passage for young men. I feel bad for dudes that never get past that.

Edited by kjshoe04

Anyone watch The Colony? I randomly chose it tonight, and I am obsessed. It's so damn interesting, and I love learning all these different tricks and tips on how to survive. It's very compelling. I see there are 2 seasons on Netflix, but I wonder if they will or have already done a second set of 10 "survivors" who do this experiment.

EDIT: Just wiki'd it. I guess S2 is a whole new set of people in a new environment and situation. Sweet!

Edited by JoeCoolMan24

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Feb 19, 2012 -> 01:27 AM)
Anyone watch The Colony? I randomly chose it tonight, and I am obsessed. It's so damn interesting, and I love learning all these different tricks and tips on how to survive. It's very compelling. I see there are 2 seasons on Netflix, but I wonder if they will or have already done a second set of 10 "survivors" who do this experiment.

EDIT: Just wiki'd it. I guess S2 is a whole new set of people in a new environment and situation. Sweet!

I started watching it on netflix recently also. I really cant lead myself to believe this isnt 100% scripted. So far its entertaining but everything is just so convenient, I dont see how its not fake.