2012-13 Music Thread

Balta1701

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 6, 2012 -> 12:13 PM)
New Gambino mixtape "Royalty" came out. It's pretty decent. Some really good songs, some really average songs.

I like it a lot, overall. Very smooth and consistent. Surprised how many features it had.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (MEANS @ Jul 12, 2012 -> 11:14 AM)
saw Fiona Apple last night here in Indy, it was a really good show.

She's playing in Vegas in Sept...I think I shall buy tickets...she is incredible.

Also, I know it's not particularly cool as an adult male to enjoy pop music, but anyone a fan of Sia? Been kicking around some of her stuff recently and really dig her.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Jul 25, 2012 -> 11:53 PM)
Anyone check out the new Gaslight album?? Simply flawless, everything Brian Fallon puts his voice on is pure gold. Hands down my favorite vocalist of all time.

Not yet, but looking forward to it. Its gottten excellent reviews.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jul 10, 2012 -> 07:33 AM)
Runaways by the Killers has just leaked on-line...

I like it a lot. They've always had a way with a hook, and its anthemic without being pompous, which has turned me off about a lot of their recent stuff.

I'm a huge supporter of local music so I don't know why I haven't spread the word here about a couple local bands that I'm a huge fan of.

Has anyone here had the pleasure of hearing the angelic voice of Dana Lynn Wold and any of her million bands (I say grey, Lynxwail, Dana Lynn and the dirty creeps). She used to date a good friend of mine and I absolutely love her voice, I'd go as far as saying she's my favorite female vocalist of all time. She's a local product of Highland, IN but I know more recently she's been playing more and more shows out in the City.

Here's a link to my favorite song she does

it's a cover of get your gun. Ffrom there you can check out more of her stuff.

Another local punk band that I like to spread the word about are the Wanderers. I use to party with these guys when a friend of mine dated the bassist. Theyre an awesome, fun band that at a time were one of my favorites. I believe they're on a temporary break but when they come back you better believe I'll be out to one of their shows where they bring great energy.

http://www.myspace.com/thewanderers

Just out of curiosity how many new albums do you guys buy during the year? (And you know what I mean by "buy")

I'm at 19 right now. But I have some more nerdy music friends who get 50+ sometimes...

For a long time I didn't buy any albums and I had a firm mindset that this was morally correct. Now I buy 20+ albums a year plus get the premium subscription to Rdio. When you are 19 though, you have no money and you need music, just pay them back.