Peavy vs Ozzie

fathom

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

At that price, for those years, the White Sox were better off with Danks than Buehrle.

Unless you're going to take the position we should bring back Crede, Jenks, Uribe and Rowand...just because.

If they kept Buehrle but lost Danks, they would be even worse off, because Danks is a valued commodity at those rates, whereas Buerhle will need salary going with him somewhere in order to be dealt in the event of a total Marlins collapse.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jan 23, 2012 -> 01:19 AM)
I'm glad the Sox extended Danks instead of Mark.

The money was better spent on Danks, as he is younger. In my opinion, and I think in the opinion of quite a few others here, Miami overpayed for Mark. He may be great over the life of that contract, but chances are he will decline, especially during the last two years of the contract (where A LOT of the money is tied up). There's a better chance of Danks to be solid through the life of his contract due to his age alone.

Ha!

The chairman Reinsdorf issues a statement saying Ozzie never quit!!

Cowley is tweeting like mad about it.

I wish the haters would issue Ozzie a heartfelt apology right now. The chairman told him he HAD to go to Miami by the end of the season.

This kills the ammo of some of the haters. Cowley is ripping the haters on Twitter.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jan 23, 2012 -> 06:13 PM)
Ha!

I wish the haters would issue Ozzie a heartfelt apology right now. The chairman told him he HAD to go to Miami by the end of the season.

This kills the ammo of some of the haters. Cowley is ripping the haters on Twitter.

You do realize YOU have been saying for months that you believed Ozzie quit, right?

And btw JR might have told him to go but it doesn't mean that he didn't quit way before that.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jan 23, 2012 -> 05:13 PM)
Ha!

Ozzie still had a choice as far as whether or not he wanted to stay in Chicago or go to Miami.

He went to Miami.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 23, 2012 -> 11:17 PM)
You do realize YOU have been saying for months that you believed Ozzie quit, right?

And btw JR might have told him to go but it doesn't mean that he didn't quit way before that.

I don't care if Ozzie quit or not, but a lot of people on here sure do. So they owe Oz an apology.

The Trib has a full story up on it.

Ozzie lost the war to Kenny. Jerry wanted him to go and Ozzie left. I couldn't care less if he quit or not, but now it's out he didn't quit.

Vindication for Oz.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jan 23, 2012 -> 06:19 PM)
I don't care if Ozzie quit or not, but a lot of people on here sure do. So they owe Oz an apology.

Ozzie lost the war to Kenny. Jerry wanted him to go and Ozzie left. I couldn't care less if he quit or not, but now it's out he didn't quit.

Vindication for Oz.

If the Chairman had come out and ripped Ozzie for quitting, you wouldn't believe a word he was saying.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jan 23, 2012 -> 05:19 PM)

Vindication for Oz.

f*** Ozzie. I dont owe him s***.

“Regarding Ozzie Guillen’s departure as White Sox manager last September, I want to make it clear that he left with our organization’s blessing and at my urging," Reinsdorf said in a statement issued by the team. "Ozzie told me he wanted to finish out the year, the Marlins really wanted him in Miami for the conclusion of the season, and I told him that he had no choice but to go given the excitement surrounding the opening of their new stadium and the unveiling of their new uniforms. Ozzie needed to be in Miami at the end of the season for the Marlins.

Wow, that's one blatant bleeping admission of tampering.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 23, 2012 -> 05:17 PM)

Yep.

It's clear Jerry is trying to be classy and take the high road regarding this situation. He wants to smooth things over before Ozzie is ripping Peavy in the media and vice versa. I'd wager he's just as sick of the Ozzie circus as we are, and he's trying to distance himself and his ballclub from it as best as possible.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jan 23, 2012 -> 05:22 PM)
Yep.

It's clear Jerry is trying to be classy and take the high road regarding this situation. He wants to smooth things over before Ozzie is ripping Peavy in the media and vice versa. I'd wager he's just as sick of the Ozzie circus as we are, and he's trying to distance himself and his ballclub from it as best as possible.

De Luca seems to agree:

ChrisDeLuca Chris De Luca

Looks like a preemptive strike by Reinsdorf to end potential nastiness with Ozzie. Looks like Jerry follows Oz on Twitter. #whitesox

5 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 23, 2012 -> 11:21 PM)
If the Chairman had come out and ripped Ozzie for quitting, you wouldn't believe a word he was saying.

I would have had to believe him. He's the owner of the team and has really done nothing to irritate me as a fan, except get snowed by Kenny. He is the only owner to bring titles to Chicago in my lifetime except the one title by the Bears.

Kenny IMO brownnosed better than Ozzie and won that war. But I trust the chairman not to flat out lie.

Oops the Blackhawks won one as well to go with chairmans' bulls/sox crowns.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jan 23, 2012 -> 05:24 PM)
I would have had to believe him. He's the owner of the team and has really done nothing to irritate me as a fan, except get snowed by Kenny. He is the only owner to bring titles to Chicago in my lifetime except the one title by the Bears.

Kenny IMO brownnosed better than Ozzie and won that war. But I trust the chairman not to flat out lie.

Rocky Wirtz? Every Chicago team other than the Cubs has won a title in the last 26 years.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jan 23, 2012 -> 11:23 PM)
De Luca seems to agree:

ChrisDeLuca Chris De Luca

Looks like a preemptive strike by Reinsdorf to end potential nastiness with Ozzie. Looks like Jerry follows Oz on Twitter. #whitesox

5 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Cowley will still get Oz to respond to Peavy's stuff. Oz in that piece surely will praise Jerry, though for setting the record straight finally on Ozzie.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 23, 2012 -> 05:21 PM)
f*** Ozzie. I dont owe him s***.

this. Good lord this is f***ing ridiculous. I wish everybody would just shut the f*** up and get on with their jobs...that includes you Peavy! I have nothing against Ozzie personally but I wish he'd just STFU and he and his entire family take their twitter accounts and shove 'em up their ass!!!

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jan 23, 2012 -> 05:26 PM)
Cowley will still get Oz to respond to Peavy's stuff. Oz in that piece surely will praise Jerry, though for setting the record straight finally on Ozzie.

Jerry's statement pretty much says that the Marlins were communicating with Ozzie back and forth during the season while he was still manager, which can be considered anywhere between tampering and a dick move.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jan 23, 2012 -> 11:29 PM)
Jerry's statement pretty much says that the Marlins were communicating with Ozzie back and forth during the season while he was still manager, which can be considered anywhere between tampering and a dick move.

And once again proves that Ozzie wasn't 100% focused with on the field stuff, which is ironic because Cowley ripped on Cooper for being worried about his future as well. I'm just happy one of the two between Ozzie and KW is gone, and now it's time for KW to step up to the plate and improve the team the next few years. If not, you better believe he'll be gone in a few years.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 23, 2012 -> 11:41 PM)
And once again proves that Ozzie wasn't 100% focused with on the field stuff, which is ironic because Cowley ripped on Cooper for being worried about his future as well. I'm just happy one of the two between Ozzie and KW is gone, and now it's time for KW to step up to the plate and improve the team the next few years. If not, you better believe he'll be gone in a few years.

If the Sox suck this year, I hope KW is canned after the season. I mean he made a couple offseason deals, big deal. If this team makes no more moves, it on paper again is a contender. If the team sucks, it's on KW. Fire him if this team sucks. Now if he makes 3-4 more trades, I will change this post. Then he can't be judged on this season's crap product.