Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (knightni @ Jan 1, 2012 -> 03:59 PM)
I'd say 10-6 if they started McCown over Hanie from the beginning.

It'll be interesting to see Manning play with the Colts or another team to see how much he impoves them. Assuming he's mostly the quarterback he has been.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jan 1, 2012 -> 03:59 PM)
I'd say 10-6 if they started McCown over Hanie from the beginning.

They could have been 10-6 with Hanie.

If Roy Williams didn't have hands of steel, Marion Barber wasn't football-stupid, and Chris Conte knew what the hell to do on a hail marry in the end zone, the Bears would have won the Denver and KC games. 3-4 plays in those two games (and the Oakland game) defined the season for us.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jan 1, 2012 -> 06:36 PM)
6 for 22, 60 yards, INT and a fumble, he'll forever be known as a Pro Bowl QUARTERBACK and probably get MVP votes (hopefully not after all these late season losses). What a f***ing f***ing joke.

And his team is going to the playoffs. SMH...

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jan 1, 2012 -> 06:11 PM)
I think teams have finally figured out Tebow. About damn time.

He's never been any good. Has been figured out since day one. Has never run a NFL level offense for an entire game. Only made a few plays to win games that were kept close by the Broncos' stellar defense.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Jan 1, 2012 -> 06:46 PM)
He's never been any good. Has been figured out since day one. Has never run a NFL level offense for an entire game. Only made a few plays to win games that were kept close by the Broncos' stellar defense.

He should have been figured out since day 1, but it took teams almost half a season to shut him down in crunch time.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jan 1, 2012 -> 07:47 PM)
He should have been figured out since day 1, but it took teams almost half a season to shut him down in crunch time.
Reality is...he actually could make it as an NFL quarterback. He's basically Peyton Hillis back there in the running game which would be a huge advantage...but he has to be able to make the easy, single covered or zone pass when the defense puts 8-9 in the box. Right now, that's the thing he can't do.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jan 1, 2012 -> 06:48 PM)
Speaks to just how dominant that defense has been during their run.

They were horrible against the Bills for whatever reason.

Edited by chw42

Cowboys have to be the most inconsistent team I've ever seen. They look great at times, and then can't get a drive going or hold a team another game. It's incredibly frustrating to watch.

All I've been doing for the past 5 minutes is scoping out items in my house I can safely break or punch. I wish Collinsworth was in my house right now, I'd like to kick his teeth in right about now.

Giants gave us so many opportunities in that half, and yet we still couldn't come up with the goods.

Spencer, Newman, James and Brooking will all be gone for sure. Need upgrades on the interior line, outside linebacker and BADLY in the secondary, especially at CB.

Oh and Smith and Free need to swap positions.

QUOTE (NCsoxfan @ Jan 1, 2012 -> 11:15 PM)
Un-freakingbelievable - Bears win and drop from 11th to 19th in the draft!!! Ughhh

Which probably takes us out of the range to take David DeCastro. Disgusting. That potential pick was going to my silver lining of this bears season, but he will almost definitely be gone by then.

Here's to hoping he gets caught with pot the week before the draft and he falls to 19th so that we can still take him.