Parking up $2.00 Weekdays

Soxfest

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 27, 2012 -> 11:49 AM)
What good is saving money on parking if you are forced to just spend the same money plus some at a bar/restaurant?

First off, if you're going to buy food and beverage at the game, getting it in one of these establishments is cheaper. If you just want to park, you could go in and buy a $2 coke and there's your savings right there.

People are strange. $25 to park a car, paying an extra $10 to sit downstairs, all craziness. Then its, $8 beers? Let's get drunk.

I'm just giving people some information, I'm sure some already had. I have never paid for parking at White Sox games, and I would bet I'm in the 99th percentile of Soxtalk members regarding the number of White Sox games attended.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 27, 2012 -> 11:49 AM)
What good is saving money on parking if you are forced to just spend the same money plus some at a bar/restaurant?

Like everything else in life, you pay for convenience. If people don't want to spend 10 minutes to find a parking spot, they have an option. If they don't want to walk a mile to the park, they have an option.

It could be worse. Don't the fans on the north side have to pay $20 to park in some guy's driveway and still walk a couple miles?

Edited by TaylorStSox

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 27, 2012 -> 12:50 PM)
If I can take that $25 and apply it towards $40 of food/beverages, great.

Instead of showing up to the park at gametime, you have to spend an extra hour or two somewhere before the game where you will probably spend more than the $25 parking cost anyway. Not only do you spend more than $25, but you also have to invest an extra hour or two than originally planned.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 27, 2012 -> 12:18 PM)
Instead of showing up to the park at gametime, you have to spend an extra hour or two somewhere before the game where you will probably spend more than the $25 parking cost anyway. Not only do you spend more than $25, but you also have to invest an extra hour or two than originally planned.

Bingo. There's one guaranteed way to save money before you get to the park. That's public transportation and your feet. I guess that's two.

I agree with all of the above!

I love going to games and look forward to the first game of the season and walking into the stadium and taking in the atmosphere of being at a game. BUT the cost of going is becoming prohibitive.

When you add in the ticket prices and now another ****ing parking increase I plan on cutting back even further. We went from being season ticket holders to just buying 10 games or so for this year and if prices increases continue - will probably buy even less next year!

I will probablly use the money I save to buy an HDTV and better sports package!

QUOTE (J-MAN @ Feb 28, 2012 -> 10:11 AM)
I agree with all of the above!

I love going to games and look forward to the first game of the season and walking into the stadium and taking in the atmosphere of being at a game. BUT the cost of going is becoming prohibitive.

When you add in the ticket prices and now another ****ing parking increase I plan on cutting back even further. We went from being season ticket holders to just buying 10 games or so for this year and if prices increases continue - will probably buy even less next year!

I will probablly use the money I save to buy an HDTV and better sports package!

Ticket prices went DOWN.....and stubhub prices can be pretty cheap too.

dont forget that you can tailgate with your parking pass. that can be a lot of cash saved by not paying ballpark prices for food and booze.

Saw this on another board If true JR really is being greedy.

New city tax is only on parking in the "Central Business District" which I believe is bounded by North Ave., Halsted, Roosevelt Rd., and the lake. However far south it goes, Bridgeport is definitely not in those boundaries

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Feb 28, 2012 -> 01:03 PM)

New city tax is only on parking in the "Central Business District" which I believe is bounded by North Ave., Halsted, Roosevelt Rd., and the lake. However far south it goes, Bridgeport is definitely not in those boundaries

That is incorrect

The plan also doesn't set geographic boundaries for the tax. The administration says it would mostly apply to the lots around downtown that charge the highest rates, but any parking charge of more than $12 will be subject to the additional $2 fee. That means people paying to park in lots to attend weekday events at the United Center, Wrigley Field and U.S. Cellular Field will also pay more to park if the City Council approves the plan, said Peter Scales, a Budget Department spokesman.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Feb 28, 2012 -> 01:03 PM)

So why would they send me an email saying that the Rahm-Bo tax increase is the reason why parking went up? And why would parkling ONLY go up on WEEKDAYS?

If they WANTED to rip fans off, they would have jacked up parking on weekend games as well, where attendance/parking lot capacity is much higher.

This is getting stale. Let's "blame the jew" some more.....