The Miami Marlins thread

Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 10, 2012 -> 09:52 AM)
Just wondering if there's any distinction or differentation between free speech rights on public versus private property...?

For example, in recent months, students have been expelled for posting things online while at home...because they were using the school's internet or IP address/account for posting.

But the argument was made that since they weren't at school, they shouldn't suffer the same consequences....and also that it was after official school hours.

Well, I guess it really doesn't matter.

No, where it was that it happened doesn't matter at all in this case. It wouldn't have mattered if he was using team facilities to make the statement or not. All that matters is that he has embarrassed his employer directly to a group that his employer considers a key demographic for their product.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 10, 2012 -> 09:54 AM)
It is amazing how out of touch with reality someone like Ozzie is.

Barry Rozner was hosting on the score. He said when you get way from baseball, and just talk to him off the record about anything else, he isnt very bright.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 10, 2012 -> 07:57 AM)
Barry Rozner was hosting on the score. He said when you get way from baseball, and just talk to him off the record about anything else, he isnt very bright.

He didn't come off as particularly bright regarding baseball either.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 10, 2012 -> 09:57 AM)

Dude dropped out of something like 5th or 6th grade to play baseball.

And LOL at Ozzie mentioning that he won't get paid during his suspension.

So the main thing so far is a five day suspension without pay.

The women who are asking him questions in Spanish are really hammering away at him over and over again but so far I give him credit for maintaining his poise and not getting impaciente or enojado.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Apr 10, 2012 -> 11:10 AM)
Five games is fine by me as long as long as it gets everyone to apply their vagisil and find something else new and outrageous to b**** about, like that Ozzie is racist because the press conference was in Spanish and this is America not Spain and Mexico.

Pathetic.

In protest of the Ozzie suspension, I will not attend the next 5 Marlins games.

cst_Cowley ‏ @cst_Cowley Reply Retweet Favorite · Open

If I was a Cuban protester my sign would read "Thank God I can live in a place where I can make a sign and hold it up without a bullet!''

@RizzoRJ77 Quiet 2nd or 3rd place finishes are much better.

In reply to Randy J. Levine

Protesters outside holding up signs written in Spanish, making sure very few people outside of California and Fla know what they're saying.

Oz will miss two games with Philly and then three with Houston ... so technically suspended two games and a bye series.

@KennedyMarty Yes, because that's the same. #dumbassness

In reply to Marty Kennedy

@AmyKNelson 3-year-old is protesting me leaving for another road trip. That's a tougher crowd to please.

In reply to Amy K. Nelson

cst_Cowley ‏ @cst_Cowley Close

BREAKING: Actor Sean Penn has been suspended for 5 movies for his love of dictators, as well.

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Apr 10, 2012 -> 10:10 AM)
Five games is fine by me as long as long as it gets everyone to apply their vagisil and find something else new and outrageous to b**** about, like that Ozzie is racist because the press conference was in Spanish and this is America not Spain and Mexico.

I know f***-all about Miami but I could have told you that talking about Castro in language that was anything short of condemnation and hatred was going to incite a strong backlash from the Cuban Exile community.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 10, 2012 -> 06:18 AM)
It will be interesting to see if Ozzie takes all he said back. Apparently he's admired Fidel for a while and said basically the same thing he said here in 2008.

http://www.suntimes.com/11806414-417/telan...ro-in-2008.html

Bob Nightengale ‏ @BNightengale

Guillen, calling it worse mistake of life, says: "If I don't learn from this mistake, you can call me dumb.'' #MLB #Marlins

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 10, 2012 -> 10:24 AM)
Bob Nightengale ‏ @BNightengale

Guillen says "He prefers to die,'' before he would ever vote for Hugo Chavez in Venezuela. #MLB #Marlins

Didn't he used to claim he admired Chavez too?