Soxtalk WANTS YOU!

southsider2k5

Hello gang, as you may, or may not, know... This year marks the 10th anniversary of Soxtalk.com. Over the 10 years much has changed in the world, as has this site.

What we are curious about is what YOU think of Soxtalk. What are the things you love about it, hate about it, and what would you change going forward? We are hoping to get some discussion and see what direction people want this place to move in. The one thing we'd like to avoid here is rants about specific people. If something is bugging you that much about a person, you can always direct it at the admin or mod of your choice. Other than that, please feel free to let us know what you think.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 18, 2012 -> 03:18 PM)
Hello gang, as you may, or may not, know... This year marks the 10th anniversary of Soxtalk.com. Over the 10 years much has changed in the world, as has this site.

What we are curious about is what YOU think of Soxtalk. What are the things you love about it, hate about it, and what would you change going forward? We are hoping to get some discussion and see what direction people want this place to move in. The one thing we'd like to avoid here is rants about specific people. If something is bugging you that much about a person, you can always direct it at the admin or mod of your choice. Other than that, please feel free to let us know what you think.

Catch all threads suck!

Carry on.

During the offseason, let there be one thread dedicated to any and all specific report/twitter announcement with breaking news (that doesn't contain commentary by posters) so people don't have to go through hundreds of posts to get the latest updates on a possible transaction.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 18, 2012 -> 03:25 PM)
During the offseason, let there be one thread dedicated to any and all specific report/twitter announcement with breaking news (that doesn't contain commentary by posters) so people don't have to go through hundreds of posts to get the latest updates on a possible transaction.

That is a very interesting idea. Especially in the case of a rumored deal of some sort, that would be really nice to have somewhere to get just the facts, instead of the 100 different discussions that go with it.

My question back would be, would you want it as its own thread, or is it something you would rather see in a facebook/twitter feed format?

I would like to give the Soxtalk Administration team some kudos. One thing that really bothers me about message boards is the infighting that goes on, as well as the posters who insist on posting as "know it alls" when they don't know anymore than the rest of us in most cases. I used to visit some other Sox sites (which will go nameless) and these problems were all pretty rampant even though Soxtalk was probably a little better than the others. So I stayed here predominately.

I don't know what you folks have done to police these problems, but whatever it is, keep it up. I've noticed less and less of these issues and it really makes the whole board more enjoyable in my opinion. I really like some of the insights and questions coming from most of the posters here and it's great that most of the responses, even the contrary ones, are presented in a respectful manner. Soxtalk is now the only board that I visit and this is why.

KUDOS TEAM ! :cheers

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 18, 2012 -> 08:29 PM)
That is a very interesting idea. Especially in the case of a rumored deal of some sort, that would be really nice to have somewhere to get just the facts, instead of the 100 different discussions that go with it.

My question back would be, would you want it as its own thread, or is it something you would rather see in a facebook/twitter feed format?

Just one thread for "trade rumors" another for "FA rumors" etc. Obviously, if there's a big trade rumor out there, I'm sure there would be a separate thread with commentary going on as well.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 18, 2012 -> 04:58 PM)
but i dont feel banning caulfield is fair, he didnt do anything bad

I'm seriously not kidding. It's becoming like Godwin's law...as a Soxtalk thread approaches its 3rd page, the probability of a Joe Cowley mention approaches unity.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 18, 2012 -> 04:00 PM)
I'm seriously not kidding. It's becoming like Godwin's law...as a Soxtalk thread approaches its 3rd page, the probability of a Joe Cowley mention approaches unity.

We had the same problem with Mariotti. Could you imagine if he had a twitter account in 05?

We will just wait for the Cow to embarrass himself nationally(again?) and he will go away

Great idea to review the site at the ten year mark. I have been here since ewarly '03 and love it. I agree that there should be less infighting and folks should be more respectful.I know I don't know it all but I have to say others know less . But, I appreciate the offer to consider ideas and I will ponder that awhile

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 18, 2012 -> 04:00 PM)

The Art of War.

Make him so overconfident that he does something really stupid (like his mentor/buddy Ozzie) and has to be fired.

Fight the enemy where he isn't (or is).

LOL

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 18, 2012 -> 04:29 PM)

I think there should be a whole offseason sub-forum. So each "rumor" can have it's own thread, instead of one thread full of hundreds of rumors.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Apr 18, 2012 -> 05:37 PM)
I think there should be a whole offseason sub-forum. So each "rumor" can have it's own thread, instead of one thread full of hundreds of rumors.

Eh, I think this is tried regardless, and inevitably tons of threads are created until someone complains and would rather have a trade catch all thread so they don't have to go through so many different threads.

We can't win with this. There are so many rumors every year, you just have to play it by ear.

Or, you can just follow mlbtr :D