AND THAT'S A PERFECT GAME WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

SoxFan1

QUOTE (Reddy @ Apr 21, 2012 -> 09:56 PM)
aaaand of COURSE you're the one to rain on the parade. haha

I'll take Humber over Niemann any day of the week.

I'll take Humber over Feliz for this year (growing pains). I like Harrison, but I still maintain we have a better all around rotation than Texas

You'd take Nova over Humber? Freddy Garcia?

I'll take Humber over Zambrano

The Nationals are the only one I'll give you.

Ivan Nova won 16 games and put up an ERA of 3.70 as a 24 year old. Garcia's basically their 6th starter if they have everyone...they're missing Pineda right now, as I noted. Hughes is actually probably a bigger weakness than Nova.

We might well have a better rotation than those guys, but it's certainly not an open and shut case.

You might take Humber over niemann, but I'll take Matt Moore over Sale. And Feliz is in the same situation as Sale, coming out of the bullpen.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 21, 2012 -> 09:10 PM)
Ivan Nova won 16 games and put up an ERA of 3.70 as a 24 year old. Garcia's basically their 6th starter if they have everyone...they're missing Pineda right now, as I noted. Hughes is actually probably a bigger weakness than Nova.

We might well have a better rotation than those guys, but it's certainly not an open and shut case.

You might take Humber over niemann, but I'll take Matt Moore over Sale. And Feliz is in the same situation as Sale, coming out of the bullpen.

1) but the yankees DON'T have everyone. We've got the better rotation. And even if they did, I don't buy Pineda in pinstripes, Hughes is terrible, and Nova is nothing to write home about. You think Petitte's gonna be more than a 4 era guy now? OH and I forgot Kuroda. He's terrible. Switch to the AL and NYC of all places? Psh.

2) Sale was a starter more recently than Feliz. I'll take Matt Moore too for the long haul, but I really don't think the difference between the two is drastic. Humber is slightly better than Niemann, Moore is slightly better than Sale. It's a wash.

3) Ogando is in their bullpen. Feldman isn't anything special. and he's hurt. See point number 1. And that ENTIRE rotation is fully capable of putting up 4+ era's. Every one of em. I know we're in the same boat - but that's my point. They ain't better.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 21, 2012 -> 09:10 PM)

B, I swear there was posts in a thread in late January or early February where you argued that this team was a 90-loss squad with the losses of Buehrle, Quentin, Santos et al. You used WAR or some such to make your case. Am I mistaking?

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Apr 21, 2012 -> 10:25 PM)
B, I swear there was posts in a thread in late January or early February where you argued that this team was a 90-loss squad with the losses of Buehrle, Quentin, Santos et al. You used WAR or some such to make your case. Am I mistaking?

The Bulls were a 78 win team last year and started off with losing 8 wins by losing Buehrle, Santos, and Quentin. So, if they got nothing from Dunn, Rios, And Peavy like last year, and a couple other guys crapped out, then yeah, there we were. Have we gotten contributions from Dunn, Rios, or Peavy so far this year, yes or no?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 21, 2012 -> 09:27 PM)
The Bulls were a 78 win team last year and started off with losing 8 wins by losing Buehrle, Santos, and Quentin. So, if they got nothing from Dunn, Rios, And Peavy like last year, and a couple other guys crapped out, then yeah, there we were. Have we gotten contributions from Dunn, Rios, or Peavy so far this year, yes or no?

Ok, so you did write that.

What's Balta's mind on, lol? Humber throws a perfect game and he's thinking about basketball!

Well yeah, 79-8=71-91, ON PAPER, without replacing those players

But that's different from actually predicting the team to have that record when everything that could go wrong last year pretty much did go wrong and there was a new manager and coaching staff in place, with the exception of Baines and arguably one of the 3 best pitching coaches in the game, if not the best.

With Peavy/Dunn/Rios alone performing as well as they are, that mitigates a lot of that loss, not to mention Sale replacing Buehrle. The one deficit is clearly Viciedo versus Quentin's stats in the early season, but Reed/Jones/Santiago have more than adequately replaced Santos from an overall statistical perspective.

So, if anyone has ever seen the movie Fever Pitch, impaticularly the part where he goes out with his girl to show her he loves her more than watching a Red Sox/Yankee game, the Red Sox make it an epic game and he missed the whole game and started yelling at his girl...that was my day today and I think I may be getting a divorce. I'm still more upset about missing the game than I am about the divorce.

QUOTE (Tuna @ Apr 21, 2012 -> 09:35 PM)
So, if anyone has ever seen the movie Fever Pitch, impaticularly the part where he goes out with his girl to show her he loves her more than watching a Red Sox/Yankee game, the Red Sox make it an epic game and he missed the whole game and started yelling at his girl...that was my day today and I think I may be getting a divorce. I'm still more upset about missing the game than I am about the divorce.

guess the divorce is probably a good idea then...

QUOTE (RME JICO @ Apr 21, 2012 -> 09:01 PM)
A pretty close call, looks like he went a little too far:

ryan.png

You can barely see the shadow of the bat on the ground.

I just saw the replay. It looks pretty obvious to me the bat crossed the plate. doesnt matter how hard the hitter pulled it back or at what angle it finished. it crossed the plate.

When I walk up to the mound, this is what I see

Everybody stops and staring at me

I got heat in my glove and I ain't afraid to throw it, throw it

I'm perfect and I know it

Girl, look at that Humber

They strike out!

My daughters sang this on the way home from celebrating after the game.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Apr 21, 2012 -> 06:39 PM)
That was awesome. I was scared to post in the game thread.

Ryan's a b**** for trying to draw a walk in that situation. Swing the bat, dickhead.

Totally disagree with this, for two reasons. For one, if you wanna make history, you have to earn every out. Can't have any of that Favre/Strahan B.S. going on. But also, it was a 4-run game. It's not likely that they'd catch up, but possible, and the best way to win is to get on base. No reason to quit just because the opposing pitcher is on the verge of history. Again, it serves no one to fold up shop.

QUOTE (ScottyDo @ Apr 21, 2012 -> 11:12 PM)
Totally disagree with this, for two reasons. For one, if you wanna make history, you have to earn every out. Can't have any of that Favre/Strahan B.S. going on. But also, it was a 4-run game. It's not likely that they'd catch up, but possible, and the best way to win is to get on base. No reason to quit just because the opposing pitcher is on the verge of history. Again, it serves no one to fold up shop.

I'm with you on this one. 8-0, different story though.