SOX/TIGERS Rubber Match

Wow, this game is really dragging...almost 100 pitches for Axelrod in less than 5 IP.

Don't expect that kind of pitch count from a control pitcher. Needed Dylan to go six innings there....one of the first early hooks of the season by Ventura.

Boston getting hammered by Baltimore again. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy, not. I think Farmer hates Showalter more than anyone in the game of baseball.

Edited by caulfield12

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jake @ May 6, 2012 -> 07:45 PM)
I think Axelrod may be capable of holding down the 5 spot.

For a .500 team, yes. Very hard to rely on a guy like him though, and I think he'll get destroyed at the Cell. He deserves a chance though.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 6, 2012 -> 01:46 PM)
Wow, this game is really dragging...almost 100 pitches for Axelrod in less than 5 IP.

Don't expect that kind of pitch count from a control pitcher. Needed Dylan to go six innings there....one of the first early hooks of the season by Ventura.

I expect him to do better when he has a better routine instead of getting called up for sporadic relief appearances before finally getting a start. Would be nice if he faced an easier lineup too, lol.

QUOTE (Jake @ May 6, 2012 -> 11:47 AM)
I expect him to do better when he has a better routine instead of getting called up for sporadic relief appearances before finally getting a start. Would be nice if he faced an easier lineup too, lol.

Yea we talk about the pitching but we all know it's the hitting letting us down.

Another problem with Axelrod in the rotation.

Stewart and Ohman have almost exactly the same velocity when they come into the game. You'd prefer to be able to follow Dylan with Jones.

Bailed out by the DP ball. Fortunate to be only down 2-1. VERY.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ May 6, 2012 -> 01:49 PM)
Yea we talk about the pitching but we all know it's the hitting letting us down.

Right. I think it should be reasonable to expect Axelrod to pitch well enough that we win whenever the offense shows up.

OHMAN!

QUOTE (Marty34 @ May 6, 2012 -> 01:52 PM)
Axelrod probably is guarantted one more start with the DH tomorrow. I think I'd rather seee Stewart though.

I really wish Stewart was starting in AAA right now. He's a sinker-first guy and that's just wasted in the bullpen. He seems to even have lost velo in the bullpen, which doesn't make sense.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ May 6, 2012 -> 07:52 PM)
Axelrod probably is guarantted one more start with the DH tomorrow. I think I'd rather seee Stewart though.

Completely disagree. Stewart just doesn't have much of anything out on the mound. I've said it before, but I think AAA would hit him hard right now.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 6, 2012 -> 12:53 PM)
Completely disagree. Stewart just doesn't have much of anything out on the mound. I've said it before, but I think AAA would hit him hard right now.

Secretly he wants Stewart to get hit hard so he can rip KW, lol.

As it is now, it's hard to even notice he's on the team or get anyone all worked up about him.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 6, 2012 -> 01:54 PM)
Porcello's just kicked our ass this season.

He's pitching his ass off, it's going to take some good/lucky offense to beat him

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 6, 2012 -> 12:54 PM)
Secretly he wants Stewart to get hit hard so he can rip KW, lol.

As it is now, it's hard to even notice he's on the team or get anyone all worked up about him.

someone earlier said you were posting like a pregnant woman and it's true... you've been b****ing about KW non-stop yourself. what a weird post.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 6, 2012 -> 02:53 PM)

Considering he has 1 career start at AAA, that wouldn't be all that surprising.