Selling off parts?

Y2Jimmy0

How soon before the White Sox start selling off parts? They cannot compete with this team. And even if they could hang around, they are not winning a title. In my opinion, in order to get good again they need to get really bad first. AJ, Thornton, Crain, Floyd, Ohman and Peavy are probabaly the most tradeable assets that the team has. I would be willing to trade anyone on the team. The Sox are 29th in attendance and that simple fact should prove that they can deal Konerko as well. If Sale is not going to be used as a starting pitcher, then he should be dealt as well. I know it takes two to tango and that it is early. I just hope this is the game plan for the coming months. This team is not fun to watch and is not going anywhere.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably late July.

Though we did see the Padres already selling high on a reliever, and Jeff Luhnow is already openly talking about his trade chips. The Sox aren't as bad as those two teams but they could be in a year or so barring a major influx of new talent.

QUOTE (daggins @ May 7, 2012 -> 02:28 PM)
Probably late July.

Though we did see the Padres already selling high on a reliever, and Jeff Luhnow is already openly talking about his trade chips. The Sox aren't as bad as those two teams but they could be in a year or so barring a major influx of new talent.

Yeah, I know that it usually happens in late July. I feel like they could start earlier and possibly get more for some of their parts though. It is pointless to have Konerko and AJ and guys that still have value on this team.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ May 7, 2012 -> 02:33 PM)
Does Kenny make it through the year?

I don't know how KW can possibly make it through the year. I don't think it matters though. As bad as KW's minor league system is, most of that is on Reinsdorf for not spending in the draft and on the international market. I know that the new rules might help some of that but the way the White Sox do business has been a joke for a long time.

QUOTE (flavum @ May 7, 2012 -> 03:47 PM)
They have to play like they're in it until the end of interleague play, and then evaluate. If they're under .500, you start talking players with other teams.

Honestly...it's going to take Detroit finally getting hot, too. If Detroit is sitting at 2 games above .500 and the White Sox are 1 game below...

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ May 7, 2012 -> 07:26 PM)
How soon before the White Sox start selling off parts? They cannot compete with this team. And even if they could hang around, they are not winning a title. In my opinion, in order to get good again they need to get really bad first. AJ, Thornton, Crain, Floyd, Ohman and Peavy are probabaly the most tradeable assets that the team has. I would be willing to trade anyone on the team. The Sox are 29th in attendance and that simple fact should prove that they can deal Konerko as well. If Sale is not going to be used as a starting pitcher, then he should be dealt as well. I know it takes two to tango and that it is early. I just hope this is the game plan for the coming months. This team is not fun to watch and is not going anywhere.

Sometimes I think people just want us to be so bad they don't even have to worry about catching a game or a score.

They want a 40 win team so we are totally irrelevant.

How bout we BUILD a team like the f***ing Nationals. That's how you build a team; draft pix AND free agent signings.

I guess it'll be nice to get rid of every decent major leaguer we have so we can win 50 games max. I don't totally understand that logic, though.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 7, 2012 -> 02:52 PM)
Honestly...it's going to take Detroit finally getting hot, too. If Detroit is sitting at 2 games above .500 and the White Sox are 1 game below...

Fister's back now, but they start a 19 out of 24 on the road tonight, and then Yankees and Indians at home before the main interleague period starts. If the Tigers can play well in this period, they'll hit the next gear and end up with 95 wins.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 7, 2012 -> 01:53 PM)
Sometimes I think people just want us to be so bad they don't even have to worry about catching a game or a score.

How bout we BUILD a team like the f***ing Nationals. That's how you build a team; draft pix AND free agent signings.I guess it'll be nice to get rid of every decent major leaguer we have so we can win 50 games max. I don't totally understand that logic, though.

Isn't that the same way Tampa did it? How many years in a row do we have to finish with the worst record in baseball to get all those high picks anyway?

:lolhitting

I think that the worst thing that the Sox could do at this point is play 500 ball for the next couple of months, making our management think that we're only a move or two away from a playoff appearance. Not a successful playoff run mind you, but an appearance.

I really hate to say this, I hate losing, but it might be for the best if we lose more games than we win for a while. Anyone else feel this way, or is my depression over this team a solitary experience?

:crying

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 7, 2012 -> 02:53 PM)

How bout we BUILD a team like the f***ing Nationals. That's how you build a team; draft pix AND free agent signings.I guess it'll be nice to get rid of every decent major leaguer we have so we can win 50 games max. I don't totally understand that logic, though.

Did you see their big free agent signing? Jayson Werth?? Do you really want him? And they happened to finish dead last in the two years that the best hitting & pitching prospects of our generation were in the draft.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 7, 2012 -> 04:09 PM)
32 posts, and this one of them... Ugh. The hangovers from Cinco de Mayo have barely faded. Quit worrying about meltdowns for a while.

I am not hungover from Cinco de Mayo. It's just a general observation. How am I worrying about a meltdown? What I posted would be finally doing something in the best long term interests of the team finally.

Are we suffering collective amnesia? Seemed like everyone realized this past offseason that this was a rebuilding year. KW's target is 2013 or 2014. The organization, all they way to Jerry, realize this. The chances of them taking Kenny out of the picture before sometime in 2013 at the earliest are basically zero, barring some weird personal circumstance coming up. And you better believe, unless the Sox are in poll position in the division come June or July, that people will be moved.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 7, 2012 -> 04:25 PM)
Are we suffering collective amnesia? Seemed like everyone realized this past offseason that this was a rebuilding year. KW's target is 2013 or 2014. The organization, all they way to Jerry, realize this. The chances of them taking Kenny out of the picture before sometime in 2013 at the earliest are basically zero, barring some weird personal circumstance coming up.

I don't see Kenny being the GM of this team in 2013 as being a given at all. I don't understand where people get this from.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 7, 2012 -> 05:25 PM)
Are we suffering collective amnesia? Seemed like everyone realized this past offseason that this was a rebuilding year. KW's target is 2013 or 2014. The organization, all they way to Jerry, realize this. The chances of them taking Kenny out of the picture before sometime in 2013 at the earliest are basically zero, barring some weird personal circumstance coming up. And you better believe, unless the Sox are in poll position in the division come June or July, that people will be moved.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ May 7, 2012 -> 05:35 PM)
I don't see Kenny being the GM of this team in 2013 as being a given at all. I don't understand where people get this from.
It's not collective, it's very narrowly, deliberately targeted amnesia.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ May 7, 2012 -> 04:24 PM)
I am not hungover from Cinco de Mayo. It's just a general observation. How am I worrying about a meltdown? What I posted would be finally doing something in the best long term interests of the team finally.

Driving off the rest of the fanbase isn't in the best long term interest of the franchise.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ May 7, 2012 -> 04:45 PM)
It's cool if you want Kenny back, just say it. Don't hide behind that's what's "going to happen."

Instead he should periodically post thinly veiled questions which are asked in the bias of his overall position and pretend that it is valuable discussion.

QUOTE (bighurt574 @ May 7, 2012 -> 04:45 PM)
The problem is that most of the parts we have to sell don't have all that much trade value.

Isn't that the truth. You wonder how many of this team's core would even get claimed on waivers given their contracts.