Paul Konerko All-Star Campaign

Quin

And because every time I see "Paul Konerko under investigation" as the newest thread, I want to harm someone.

VOTE HERE:

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/mlb/events...-asgballot-2012

And anyone know how I can acquire MLB highlights? I want to make a White Sox 2012 video.

Also, everyone vote O-Dog to start 2B for the NL.

Edited by Quinarvy

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll add what I said in the winner thread

If there was ever a year a White Sox player would get voted in to START the All-Star game it would have to be the almost .400 hitting First Baseman on the South Side.

I swear to God if ESPN profiled Paulie even a little bit he'd be a lock... But it'll just wind up being Prince or Pujols

I'll also pop on the old tin foil hat: I swear it seems like If it was a guy hitting almost .400 on ANY OTHER TEAM, no matter how good bad or average the team was performing or how much pub the team gets in mainstream media they would be a friggin LOCK. No matter what.

Every year there seems to be a random rookie or sort of out of nowhere player who gets a push from ESPN and makes the team and it's never a member of the Chicago White Sox

QUOTE (Cali @ May 27, 2012 -> 12:22 AM)
I'll also pop on the old tin foil hat: I swear it seems like If it was a guy hitting almost .400 on ANY OTHER TEAM, no matter how good bad or average the team was performing or how much pub the team gets in mainstream media they would be a friggin LOCK. No matter what.

Every year there seems to be a random rookie or sort of out of nowhere player who gets a push from ESPN and makes the team and it's never a member of the Chicago White Sox

I'd make the argument that the White Sox are one of, if not the, most slighted teams in sports. The stadium gets ragged on STILL even though it's become fantastic since the renovations. Viciedo on just about any other team is the next Miguel Cabrera to ESPN and Reed is the next Mariano.Aside from last year when we signed Dunn, the Sox are almost always picked to finish towards the bottom of the league, generally given no chance, and the farm produces about as much use as others (mainly cause most prospects bust: see Royals) but the media acts as if the Sox farm system doesn't exist.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 27, 2012 -> 12:14 AM)
And because every time I see "Paul Konerko under investigation" as the newest thread, I want to harm someone.

VOTE HERE:

And anyone know how I can acquire MLB highlights? I want to make a White Sox 2012 video.

Funny you say that. I was at Friday night's game with my boy and we filled out a ballot. We not only voted for O-Dog at 2nd Base in the NL, but I also tried to convince him we should vote for all ex-Sox players. He wouldn't hear of it, though as he knew some of them had no basis being on the team.

VOTE HERE:

Download Realplayer and the "Realplayer downloader". You can download practically every single piece of video or audio on the internet, including MLB/NHL/NFL/YouTube, or almost any other site.

The fans never get it right, but imagine this lineup, current OPS noted.

1 Cabrera SS .886

2 Jackson OF .958

3 Hamilton OF 1.201

4 Konerko 1B 1.139

5 Dunn DH .964

6 Jones OF .948

7 Trumbo 3B .920

8 Pierzynski C .890

9 Cano 2B .868

VOTE HERE:

You know, this is a great idea. I might just do this in my spare time today during the game. :)

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 27, 2012 -> 10:40 AM)
Who else is 1b competition? Pujols, Fielder, Tex, Gonzalez are in this league, but none of them are hitting like the Captain.

Doesn't matter who's hitting the best, it's who's more popular. All Four of those teams get National Spotlights. The White Sox don't. That's the bottom line.

Also, all the talk of Dunn at DH, but we all know it'll probably be Ortiz...

The fans don't often get it right, but with all of the press that Pujols has gotten for being sub-Pujols , Fielder not really living up to the hype, and the Yanks and Red Sox not being the cream of the crop.. Paulie has a chance at getting the nod. /optimism