Rays vs White Sox 2:10 CST

Kyyle23

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HUGE test. No one bought Cleveland (not even their fans) as a legit contender, they just happened to be in first place when they played them... Tampa Bay is and has been legit for the last 4 years.

Here We Go...

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 27, 2012 -> 06:19 PM)
Matt Moore can barley get through 5 innings. We'll see if this trend continues tomorrow.

Reminds everyone to sit down, relax, strap it down and enjoy the game with an ice-cold brew. Are you an advertising exec putting subliminal messages into SoxTalk?

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 27, 2012 -> 08:53 PM)
Reminds everyone to sit down, relax, strap it down and enjoy the game with an ice-cold brew. Are you an advertising exec putting subliminal messages into SoxTalk?

I think you have a great idea here and I'm going to go have another beer.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 27, 2012 -> 07:53 PM)

Yes. :headbang

Did you know that I know that you know that I know that you know that I know that you know that I know that you know that I know that you know that I know that you know that I know that you know that I know that you know that I know that you know that I know that you know that I know that you know that I know that you know that I know that you know that I know that you know that I know that the White Sox play in Chicago?

f***ING WHITE SOX WOOO f*** YEAH BRO

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 28, 2012 -> 11:49 AM)

I like it! No reason to change the lineup that's produced the most runs I can remember in a short stretch

EDIT: Giving Paulie a day off of the field is a good idea, too.

Edited by ScottyDo

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 28, 2012 -> 11:39 AM)
I get what y'all are saying, just worry that some of the guys might get burnt out at some point down the stretch.

Then again, outside of 1b/C, the legs are pretty young in that lineup.

The real trouble IMO is if you lose today with the "good" lineup, it increases the pressure to win tomorrow. It's kind of a circular argument to always play the starters when you value each game. I'm okay with at least waiting for the historic offensive surge to slow down before giving other guys a day out there. At this point, who wants to sit any of our outfielders? Does O-Dog need a day off after all the time off he had before coming to us? Alexei/Gordon never take days off. AJ always gets days off. That just leaves Paulie and Dunn, who get "sort of" rest via DH.

QUOTE (Jake @ May 28, 2012 -> 10:46 AM)
The real trouble IMO is if you lose today with the "good" lineup, it increases the pressure to win tomorrow. It's kind of a circular argument to always play the starters when you value each game. I'm okay with at least waiting for the historic offensive surge to slow down before giving other guys a day out there. At this point, who wants to sit any of our outfielders? Does O-Dog need a day off after all the time off he had before coming to us? Alexei/Gordon never take days off. AJ always gets days off. That just leaves Paulie and Dunn, who get "sort of" rest via DH.

Yeah, I agree...you don't sit anyone in the midst of this run, as far as I am concerned. Secondly, we're a very young team at the positions that actually require a lot of running and athleticism...you don't want to sit Rios/Beckham/Alexei/Tank right now...I guess I could have seen sitting De Aza today against Moore and giving Lilibridge the start, but other than that, roll with it baby.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 27, 2012 -> 11:45 PM)
Do they ever open their dome?

That will suck playing dome games. How can ANY fans go watch baseball in a dome? I'd never do so. Horrible.

uhh, its easy to watch baseball in a dome when its 95 degrees out with 100% humidity.

The dome may look like garbage but I really like watching baseball in the Trop.