Rays vs White Sox 2:10 CST

Kyyle23

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 28, 2012 -> 05:27 PM)
Oh I remember your posts...but the thing is, you've defended him unconditionally for two years...so it's just an bit difficult to buy into this...I mean, when a guy goes as bad as Morel, it could be almost anything...it changes on a daily basis.

How's this then...I need him to be legitimately back to hitting at Charlotte before we call him back up, and if that means burning an option, I'd rather have that happen than see him up again until he can resume tearing the cover off the ball in AAA?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 28, 2012 -> 04:29 PM)
How's this then...I need him to be legitimately back to hitting at Charlotte before we call him back up, and if that means burning an option, I'd rather have that happen than see him up again until he can resume tearing the cover off the ball in AAA?

I think most of us would agree with that.

QUOTE (Jake @ May 28, 2012 -> 05:29 PM)
@ Morel talk

but what explains an entire season of (at best) mediocrity?

Being a rookie and really not getting a whole lot of appropriate feedback on his hitting style?

He said in the offseason something along the lines of having been scared of doing something wrong because he'd know he'd get taken out/benched if that happened, so he just tried not to strike out rather than did what he shoudl have been doing. And he was right, every time he did something right, Vizquel would need his at bats the next day.