AND THATS A WHITE SOX WINNER!!

southsider2k5

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 28, 2012 -> 05:02 PM)
Which hitter besides Scott and Joyce are you talking about?

Keppinger wasn't available today, neither was Jennings/Longoria.

Carlos Pena. He's easily their biggest power threat.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 28, 2012 -> 06:03 PM)
Carlos Pena. He's easily their biggest power threat.

Pena is hitting .188 with a .325 OBP off of lefties, .668 OPS. Scott is hitting .161, .518 OPS off of lefties. Joyce has an OPS of 1.030 against righties and .760 against lefties.

Good to see the team playing well at home and on the road both.

Good to see the team win 2-1 after all that offense vs. Cleveland.

Too bad the Royals pitching is so s***ty they can't knock off the reeling Tribe. 7-5 Cleveland in 7th.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 28, 2012 -> 06:34 PM)
Because nobody hits Chris Sale.

What would happen if Sale had to face Pauly?

You've seen the Avengers? That scene when Thor's hammer strikes Captain America's shield and there is an enormous burst of light and gigantic shockwave?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 28, 2012 -> 05:35 PM)
You've seen the Avengers? That scene when Thor's hammer strikes Captain America's shield and there is an enormous burst of light and gigantic shockwave?

Hmm ya that sounds about right.

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 28, 2012 -> 04:52 PM)
My question is, why the hell did Joe Maddon sit 3 of his best hitters today? I know that Sale's lefty and those hitters are lefties, but you shouldn't take 3 of your best guys out of the lineup. That just seems a little excessive.

Maybe he was trying to give them Memorial day off or something, lol.

And Maddon is known for employing the "John Danks Theory", where you load up your lineup with lefties against left handed pitchers because they can hit the changeup better. This lineup today is definitely out of the norm for him.

This might be my favorite win of the year and that's because this game offered a little diversity compared to the last few games. The Sox scored 46 runs in 4 games, but also gave up 24 during that span. Usually when you give up 6 runs a game you're going to lose, but the Sox had outstanding hitting ensuring wins in all of them. I love seeing a win when the Sox only scored on one play, a 2-Run homer. I know it's only one game, but it's a relief to me seeing that we don't need to score double digits to win the game to keep the winning streak alive. Great pitching today!

I missed the game because I work for a bunch of commies. Anyway, what was Sale featuring? Was he throwing more sliders than changes? I remember in his last start, he was throwing a 2 seamer or cutter that was sitting around 88-92, almost exclusively. Then in his last inning, he went with the 4 seamer and a sequence of slider, slider, change, change, slider when he got into trouble. There seemed to be some concern about his velocity, but he wasn't throwing the 4 seamer. It was more of a 2 seamer/cutter that moved away from righty's.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ May 28, 2012 -> 06:18 PM)
I missed the game because I work for a bunch of commies. Anyway, what was Sale featuring? Was he throwing more sliders than changes? I remember in his last start, he was throwing a 2 seamer or cutter that was sitting around 88-92, almost exclusively. Then in his last inning, he went with the 4 seamer and a sequence of slider, slider, change, change, slider when he got into trouble. There seemed to be some concern about his velocity, but he wasn't throwing the 4 seamer. It was more of a 2 seamer/cutter that moved away from righty's.

He was throwing everything and locating it...this was the best stuff I've ever seen him have.

Sale. Christ... I went in to see the Avengers (for the second time) and he had 11 K's and was down 1-0... So happy to see he was able to get the win and add 4 more K's to that line.

Stupid Indians... You're not for real. Go away already...